05

Elijah laid in a coffin with a dagger in his chest. It nearly gave her a heart attack if not for the fact that he once told her about the daggers. It was their only weakness along with white oak.

         There was a young teenage girl that seemed to live in the attic. Her name was Davina and she assumed the girl was a witch because of her odd visions and things moving with a flick of her hand.

           Jenny even got to see the girl's caretaker: Marcel. A vampire. The girl told him of a strange presence she felt.

            "I'm sensing a lot of spiritual energy," Davina said.

            "Well, there is a temporarily dead Original in here," Marcel said.

             "No," Davina argued. "Someone else is watching; a ghost. And not the ancestors."

             Davina couldn't quite figure out her ghostly presence despite being quite powerful. But the young girl didn't know quite a lot of spells to be able to do anything.

So Jenny sat and watched Elijah. Jenny was going to remove the dagger from him but Davina was always there so she couldn't. But apparently in this state, he was dreaming of her.

It made her so happy just to see him but it made her even happier to know he was thinking about her. She had a large smile on her face that she knew was creepy because she was watching over someone that was unconscious. (Really, being a ghost and watching people was creepy in general but that was her reality). And she didn't care if it was the creepiest thing ever, she was happy and she felt more like her old self that could smile just to smile.

_____

Time passed and Davina had been allowed to leave the attic for some outing. That was when she removed the dagger from Elijah and waited for him to revive.

In that time, Rebekah had found Elijah. Her shrill voice alerting Jenny of the Original's presence, "I knew it!"

Rebekah tried to enter the room but she was somehow unable to cross the threshold. The Original looked at Elijah in his coffin and his eyes suddenly opened before Rebekah seemed to freeze and go into some sort of trance.

She thought maybe Elijah was communicating telepathically and she wondered what they were talking about because she was still on the noble Original's mind and allowed her wormhole view into the living world.

Rebekah stood in a memory of them going to an opera in New Orleans in the 1880s as a backdrop. Her clothes changed to 19th century finery and she stood in front of a horse and carriage.

"What the bloody hell?" Rebekah questioned with a confused look on her face.

Elijah approached her from behind, smiling roguishly in his own fine clothing, "Rebekah, language, please."

"Elijah!" Rebekah went towards him and hugged him tightly before looking around them.

"What is all this?"

"You don't remember?" Elijah questioned. "We went to the opera house together. It was your first full day back into New Orleans' society after Klaus removed the dagger from you. It's a memory that only you and I share. Also, I need you to know it's not another of Davina's tricks."

"Well, how are you even awake?"

"I'm not sure," Elijah stated. "But someone is apparently on our side."

"So, pop me into the attic and we can find a way to get you out."

"I'm afraid I'm not quite ready to leave yet, Rebekah," Elijah said. "This girl, Davina, she's... curious. Willful, too. Soon, I shall be able to speak to her, perhaps to even propose a truce of some kind...."

"Elijah!" a woman's voice called. "You promised you'd take me to the opera."

Rebekah almost didn't recognize the woman with the old finery she was wearing. But it clicked in her head: Jenny.

"When you say you aren't ready to leave, you mean you aren't ready to leave your dream," Rebekah gave Elijah a sorrowful look. "Elijah, while I was gone over the summer, I asked every witch and they all said..."

"That she's a lost soul and dangerous," Elijah finished.

"Well, yes."

Elijah laughed bitterly, "My love? Dangerous? But that is what they all said and took death rather than bring her back."

Elijah had talked to every witch he could find. He'd killed every one of them because they refused to bring her back. He wasn't proud of the carnage he caused but...he missed her and he didn't care how monstrous he had to be to get her back.

Rebekah took note of the dark look in his eyes and the sadness that loomed, "I'm sorry, Elijah."

Perhaps he did want to stay in the coffin with a dagger in his chest rather than have his heart take another beat without her. Because he felt a blade in his chest everyday and it hurt to breathe, let alone live.

"In a couple of hours, I'll be as good as new and I will talk with Davina," Elijah changed the subject. "But in the meantime, I need you to look after Hayley. She's carrying Niklaus' unborn child which means she's family."

"I'm pretty sure the she-wolf can take care of herself."

"Maybe but right now....right now, I can't stand at another grave."

"I'll look after her."

Rebekah seemed to return from where she was as she started to blink. She had a sad look in her eyes as she uttered, "You can't spend forever in a dream."

Then Rebekah left and Jenny looked at Elijah. It wasn't hard to put together that they were probably talking about her. She didn't entirely agree with Rebekah.

His dreams and memories were her lifeline. But, for him, they only served to haunt and torture him. She started to frown. Grief was both great and terrible for the living and the dead.

AN: so Jenny is apparently dangerous ?? and Elijah tried to bring her back