00

Perhaps months passed or maybe even forever. Jenny thought she'd be in peace if that were true. She just knew it felt like her soul carried on for an eternity.

Jenny had walked through the darkness ignoring the pull she felt that would drag her back to Elijah. She walked until she couldn't feel it anymore and then she just kept walking because there was nothing better to do.

While she walked, there was only one word that kept repeating in her mind: Elijah. She hadn't said it out loud yet but she knew that would happen eventually. She had become exactly like the old woman she saw.

She had become mad.

Elijah, Elijah, Elijah...

The name kept pounding against her head, telling her that her only purpose for existing (in this form) was gone. She was well and truly a lost soul. A damned soul.

And that was exactly what she loved being when she was alive. She adored it actually. It didn't matter then how damned she was or would be because she had Elijah and that was enough. Now she didn't even have him.

She didn't have anything.

But as she walked and cried until there were no more tears, she missed the pull she felt that tugged her along to somewhere else. She didn't realize anything had happened until her surroundings changed.

There was no more darkness.

It made her look up from her thoughts to see that there was no wormhole view. She thought at first she was alive again but she looked down at herself to see she was still painted like a black-and-white character.

There was also an eery glow to everything; not bright like peace but like it wasn't real. And the place she was in, she was very, very familiar with: the Salvatore Boarding House.

Once she took in her surroundings, she noticed her raven-haired friend sitting against the door to his room with a flask in his hand. He seemed sad or maybe defeated.

"Damon?" she questioned, not understanding what was going on or where exactly she was. Her eyes moved from him to scan the place again, still very confused.

"Jen?"

Her eyes snapped to him to find his piercing blue eyes staring right at her. His eyes held disbelief and she realized something that had never happened before: he could see her.

AN: this is short yes but it's a good cliffhanger.