07

CITY BENEATH THE SEA

          Jenny never thought she'd ever die and get to come back. So she never even thought of the possibly of dying twice. She thought because she came back that she was immune to death; because what God would separate two lovers again, forever? But that was the thing about karma: it would put one in the grave. Except, it just wasn't her karma that sent her there.

          _____

         Klaus was daggered.

         After confessing to killing the werewolf, Aidan, and still not cooperating with everyone, Elijah daggered his brother with the gold dagger that Kol and Davina had made to work on the hybrid.

                 Now, Hayley was out in the bayou with Hope and her pack while the rest of them figured out how to stop Dahlia before she came. Elijah had figured out that Klaus put the ashes of Mikael in the painting so now they only needed to get the rest of the ample ingredients to forge the weapon that would kill Dahlia.

             It had only been a short while after Klaus being daggered. She joined Elijah on the balcony who looked forlorn and she placed her hand on his arm.

             "Are you okay?" she asked quietly before she blinked with an apologetic smile. "Wait, I'm sorry. That was stupid."

                  Her nervous antics caused Elijah to gain a small smile. She noticed and she furrowed her eyebrows, "What?"

             He grabbed the hand that rested on his arm and entwined it with his while his thumb rubbed circles on the back of her hand. His soft touch created goosebumps and electric feels.

"Somehow," his smile only grew as he laid a delicate kiss on her knuckles. "I find new ways to love you, Jenny Stevens."

Her heart seemed to stop and then speed up. A toothed smile appeared on her lips; a rare one. One of the few nowadays that only Elijah could bring about; the rest were fake or just her trying.

Elijah reached out and traced that gorgeous smile that he was in love with. She reached up and delicately kissed him; like she was afraid it would be their last.

             It was a short, sweet kiss that left them breathless. Their foreheads rested against the other as she uttered, "I love you."

              Jenny said it like a prayer, like it would save them. But it wouldn't because she knew exactly what she was going to do when Dahlia was dealt with. It broke her heart but she had a broken mind.

               After all, she went a bit mad about Elijah in death. But in life, well, madness was no way to live even if all the songs said it was nice; it wasn't.

            _____

           In the morning, she went with Rebekah and Marcel to the safe-house where no magic could be done. Elijah didn't want to have to worry about them while finding a way to save Hope. Although, Rebekah didn't exactly come willingly as Marcel had to drag her into the place.

"I'm not sitting out the fight in some musty club," Rebekah complained. "Elijah needs me."

"Elijah can't worry about keeping you and Hope safe," Marcel explained. "We discussed it."