03

"Drink deep but beware
What you broke is past repair
All your oaths you betray, your sacred vows you sever and now you see that nothing lasts for always and forever
Three yet remain, two already crossed yet in one year's time, you might all be lost
As your family is undone, you will seed the beast that is to come....
But one remains that could break the storm and save you all from the chaos that is yet to be born."

A prophecy.

Niklaus barely believed these ramblings of a witch yet the visions were troubling all the same. But when Freya confirmed it is when it became all too real. One by family, one by friend, one by foe.

They had too many foes to count. It was the family part that was troubling and put them all at unease. But they could easily take out their foes.

     "And, given the circumstance, Lucien qualifies as both friend and foe, and according to Freya's prophecy..." Niklaus started.

         Elijah stared into the fire under the mantle of the fireplace as he listened to Klaus rant about ideas of murder. He was only thinking of Jenny and how much he missed her. But he wouldn't go to her, not until she told him so.

          He'd only recently moved back into the Abbatoir which surprised Niklaus. It also made Niklaus quite ecstatic to possibly have his brother back.

           "Does this mean you've forgiven me finally?" Niklaus smirked as Elijah placed his things back into his room.

             "I'll consider it..." Elijah gave a faux thoughtful look. "When Hell freezes over."

         It was safe to say the two brothers weren't on good terms. But with this prophecy, it was better to be closer than apart.

       "You have to beware of both friend and foe, but let us not forget family, Niklaus," Elijah pointed out as he stood by the fireplace and his voice was scathing as he remembered being forced to watch as Jenny slit her own throat.

        Niklaus rolled his eyes as he vowed, "I won't hurt Jenny, brother. After all, she is family."

         "You won't hurt her again, you mean," Elijah pointed out.

"Brother, please," Niklaus sighed as he looked down guiltily but Elijah ignored him.

"Now, before we murder Lucien, there are certain questions that need to be answered, chiefly, what is he doing here? And the wolf venom. Why would he lie to you, his sire? I'm afraid we might have to resort to something deliciously medieval here, brother."

       "Might have to?" Niklaus smirked. "When you've been committing all sorts of medieval acts over the summer for your precious Jenny. Does she know what you've been up to?"

            "Don't start," Elijah warned.

            Niklaus paused before he spoke softly, "One falls by family. You do know that could very well be Jenny."

"If she is my undoing, then it doesn't matter," Elijah argued. Jenny was already his undoing; he'd accepted that a long time ago.

"Because you love her?" Klaus smiled ruefully.