23

Jenny hadn't come out of her room in three days. Now she sat across from Elijah in the living room, pale and with bags under her eyes as she held her knees to her chest. She had been the one to initiate this meeting, wanting to know about the supernatural world Elijah had dragged her into.

        But here they sat and Jenny hadn't spoken a word. She had been silently studying him, trying to find something, anything that would let her hate him and let her walk away.

         "They called you an Original. They said it like it was something to be feared even though they were monsters themselves," Jenny spoke her first words.

           "My family, the Originals, have terrorized many people, Jenny," he looked away from her with a frown. "It's not something I'm proud of."

            "And how did you become...that, an Original?"

             Her question started off a lengthy discussion on how his entire family besides his mother (as she was a witch) became vampires, why he came to Mystic Falls and who was supernatural in the small town.

            "My niece is a doppelgänger, my best friend is a vampire, and I'm dating a 1000 year old Original," Jenny breathed out, trying to wrap her brain around all this.

           "Precisely," Elijah formed a small smile at 'dating' in the present tense.

          Jenny noticed the small action and it made her want to smile too or maybe even laugh at how crazy it all sounded coming out of her mouth. It made her realize how comforting he still felt to her and she realized she always wanted to feel that way.

           Her heart started to pound quickly and she moved to her next question, "They told me to stay and I-I had to. What was that?"

            "They used compulsion; it's a form of mind control," Elijah answered. "I believe it's been used on you before. I can remove it so you can remember...if that's you want."

              Jenny knew enough that for him to use compulsion to remove it he had to look into her eyes. She got up from the arm chair and walked around the coffee table before sitting beside Elijah on the couch. She looked at him carefully, "It's what I want."

He leaned towards her only slightly but the proximity made her take a slight inhale as she somehow forgot how to breath. He looked into her eyes and his own dilated, making her fall into a trance. He uttered something but she didn't even hear him as memories bombarded her.

She clutched at her neck as she remembered Stefan and how he nearly killed her. She remembered Damon making her forget. She remembered Mason being attacked and, again, Damon making her forget. She even remembered long before she had properly met Damon that he compelled her to not question Elena's performance in school. She gained all these memories that had been stolen.

"Jenny," he uttered softly and it was his voice that brought her back to the present. It was always him. She noticed him looking at where she clutched her neck; after all, she had another bite there, a fresh one from Francis, one of the many enemies of Elijah. She could have it healed but she didn't want to; she was human and she'd stick to her human healing. This was from only one of his enemies and with all his enemies, she didn't think she'd make it out alive.

She let her hand fall and Elijah went to reach out for it but he stopped and started to retract his hand but she grabbed it. She traced patterns into the palm of his hand before entwining it with hers and looking up at him, "I don't hate what you are, Elijah."

               He considered her for a moment before he pulled his hands from hers, "You should."

             "Jenny, there is one thing I've neglected to mention. About Jenna..." Elijah started uneasily.

               Jenny sat up straighter, almost afraid he'd somehow tell her he was the one that took her best friend away. Elijah continued, "My brother, Niklaus, is responsible for her death."

             Tears filled her eyes and she chuckled, "I've actually been nice to my best friend's killer...and no one thought I deserved to know."

           Jenny stood up and she held in a sob, "Um, I'm going to need some time with this one."

           Elijah nodded and she rushed back to her room. She had another crying session and possibly another mental breakdown. Or perhaps she had reached the point of no return.

          ______

        Another two days had passed. One of the reasons she didn't starve to death was because Elijah put trays of meals outside her door. When she first saw it, her stomach did somersaults and her heart skipped a beat and she told them no; but they knew what she didn't want to admit, she was still impossibly in love with him and that way he silently took care of her without even being asked, without even knowing if she loved him.

         But on the night of the second day she wanted human comfort. It was something that happened often before the incident. She crossed over into his room and laid beside him in the dark.

           "Can you just hold me?" her voice was so utterly broken and he instantly wrapped his arms around her. Even though she knew he was a vampire now, he was still her home in the chaos and she fell softly asleep with no nightmares to frighten her awake.

______

Two weeks had passed since the incident and she hardly ever slept without Elijah. This was one of those nights except she was pacing the floor of the bedroom. She had woken up in the middle of the night and she had done this five times before, always thinking about how she used to smile because it was better than being sad and how when Elijah came along she found true happiness and her reason to truly smile. But Elijah had never woken up until tonight.

"Jenny, what's wrong?" he wiped sleep from his eyes as he got up to check on her, coming closer to her. Even though his voice was raspy from sleep, she could still detect the worry.

"You. You are what's wrong. I can't sleep because I'm too afraid to tell you, because if I tell you it'll be real then," she breathed heavily as she stopped pacing in front of him.

"Tell me what?"

"I love you," she blurted out and she felt like a weight had been lifted off her chest. "I'm not going to defend you and say you're not a monster; you've probably killed thousands, maybe millions. But I don't know how to look at you and not be in love with you. I'm damned because of it. But I'd rather be in Hell than without you."

"I love you, Elijah Mikaelson, monster and all," she declared and just like Adam and Eve ate the apple, Jenny kissed Elijah and they were both eternally damned.

AN: okay so I'm pretty in love with this chapter. I've had it written for like ever. But anyways there is only like 3 chapters till part 1 is finished and I have most of it planned so this should be updated pretty fast.