Bonding as a Family

Adrien POV

That photoshoot was the most fun I've ever had. I know I had to act like a couple with Macy and all, but it wasn't so bad. I actually like it. I think I might be crushing on Macy too. ugh... I don't want to think about this right now. 

We were done in a bit and the middle, I saw Marinette leave with Alya. I wonder what happened. But I didn't pay much attention. 

"Adrien! ready to go?!", I heard Macy shout from the exit.

"yeah! coming!", I rushed over. I took Ruu from her arms so that she could relax for a bit. We walked towards the bridge, talking and laughing. Macy talked about stuff Ruu did when they were alone and I told her stuff he did when we were alone. It was a nice walk filled with laughter. It felt like the world only had the 3 of us. It felt right! 

We reached the bridge in a bit and saw an ice cream man, standing over there. We decided to get ice cream from him. When we got there we heard him singing some weird stuff which I didn't understand. 

"Hello!", I greeted.

"oh what do we have here!", a cute little couple!", he smiled and I blushed. I then smirked at the thought of us being a couple. I saw Macy about to talk but I cut her off smirking.

"thank you sir!", I wrapped my hand around her shoulder. I could see her blushing and getting flustered. I had to hold back my laughter. 

"well then. let me get you some ice cream!", he then said a weird rhyme which I again didn't understand. But in the end, we got strawberry, blueberry and blackberry flavored ice cream given to us. It wasn't a bad combination so we took it. As we were leaving, I saw a bunch of couples getting ice cream from him. Weird. The ice cream we got was pink at the base, with dark blue in the middle and black at the top. It all looked kind of similar to Macy, except the black was more of my style. I shrugged at the thought. We found a bench that faced a lake. We decided to sit there as to not be caught by my fans. I had already told Gorilla where I was so he most probably will be coming here. Though it will take a long time to get here. 

"You know, My parents used to say that bridge that we went to, was where my father proposed to my mother, They said they were eating ice cream and he put the ring on the ice cream, causing her to almost swallow it!", Macy spoke, looking at the lake nostalgically. Now that I think about it, she never talks about her family much. 

"Now that I think about it! you never tell me anything about your family", I decided today. 

"Neither do you!", she shot back smirking.

"Touche", I raised my hands in defeat as she giggled. Ruu was sitting in her lap as we ate ice cream. She would feed him some bites here and there. 

"Alright then, let's get to know each other! I'll tell you about myself and you tell me about yourself!", I smirked at her. She seemed to hesitate a bit, but she nodded. 

"Alright then, but you go first!", she smiled and nodded.

"well, I was very young when my mum died. She was always so kind and full of life! I used to look up to her! at that time, my father was also very energetic. But after she passed away, he put a wall around himself, becoming cold to everyone, including his own son", I took a deep breath, "he made himself busy with work, to forget about the pain. He then started expecting me to be the perfect son. He made me learn things I didn't have much interest in, and never let me leave the house. I didn't like that. I wanted to be free, to go to school, to have fun! just like everyone else. Every time I ask he will just say that he is protecting me, but I feel more controlled than protected" I finished. I could feel my hands shaking. I haven't told anyone how I really felt until now. Suddenly I felt warmth in my hand. I saw Macy put her hand on mine, to stop the shaking. She gave me a reassuring smile, which I gladly gave back. I took a deep breath to calm myself.