Bonding as a Family 2

Adrien POV

As she finished the song, she wished everyone goodnight and got off stage. I saw Ruu trying to reach out to her. I held him back, comforting him and telling him we'll see her soon. I chatted with the Trio for a bit. Alya kept bringing up Marinette's skill in singing to which I just nodded. I mean, after finding out who Princess Magic was, I wasn't really in the mood. Just then Macy came running over to us. It seems she can't stay away from Ruu for so long. I just smirked as she made up an excuse for why she was late. She really is good at lying. 

"Mama!", Ruu exclaimed reaching for Macy. She froze, begging for help through her eyes. 

"Mama?", the 4 of them looked at us, shocked. I think Marinette was the most shocked of them all. She also seemed to be a bit angry. But I paid it no mind. 

"oh yeah, my cousin brother knows Macy. He used to play with her a lot too, so he just calls her mama.", I said, hoping Macy would get the hint. 

"yeah!", she chimed in. it seems she got the hint. She then took Ruu into her arms and hugged him tightly. It seems she really missed him this past half an hour. I smiled as I watched the duo play. Ruu was smiling and giggling, even more, the whole time she was around. 

"and you're okay with this?!", Suddenly Chloe exclaimed. I frowned at her tone. I saw Sabrina try to stop her but to no avail.

"I don't really mind... besides, he's just a kid...", I said slowly. 

"no, it's not okay! since he is still a child, we should teach him, who to call what!", She started walking up to Macy and Ruu, before I could stop her. She grabbed Ruu by the arm. She seemed to have given too much force as Ruu winced and cried out in pain. That was my bottom line. before I could do anything Macy grabbed Chloe's hand painfully. She then pushed her away harshly.

"ahh!", Chloe cried out in pain and fell to the floor. I didn't bother helping her up. What she did to Ruu was my bottom line. Macy wrapped her arm around Ruu protectively, patting his back, trying to calm him down. I walked in front of them and placed my hand protectively. 

"Chloe, what were you thinking?! Ruu could have gotten seriously hurt!", I asked her, trying my best to control my anger, but my voice still came out slightly angry. 

"i-i- I didn't mean - I wasn't going to- I'm the one who fell!", she finished, her stammering. If she had, apologized, I would have taken it easy. But she just had to blame Macy. 

"Yeah, well if you hadn't hurt Ruu, Macy wouldn't have pushed you away!", I shot back, startling her. 

"he's right dudette, you almost hurt the baby. He's just a kid, he obviously doesn't know anything!", Nino spoke up.

"he's not wrong, Chloe apologize!", Alya bellowed. 

Marinette stayed silent.

"This is Ridiculous! Utterly ridiculous!!", she stomped away. I sighed. I didn't want to stay here any longer.

"We'll be going now...", I said and Nino nodded. Alya just stood next to Marinette while we walked away. As we got in my car, Ruu started crying a lot. It took us the whole ride home, just to calm him down. 

As we reached the entrance, He calmed down quite a bit, but he wouldn't let go of Macy and kept his grip on my hand. We walked in and took Ruu to his room. Wanya went to his spot on the side. Macy laid Ruu down on his bed and pulled the covers on him. We were about to leave when I felt a tug on my hand. I saw Macy in the same situation as me. Ruu was still holding onto us. My gaze softened. He just went through a scary experience, of course, he'll want company. I looked at Macy who had the same expression as me. We sighed.