Chapter twenty three ☾

[y/n] POV:

"[y/n]!!" I heard someone call. I was out and about getting some food for the scouts, when I heard someone calling my name. "Hm?" I saw looking around, my eyes finally landing on the person that had called my name.

"Lilith!?" I said spinning around fully to face them. They looked, completely different. Almost in a bad way.

"Look, you have to listen to me okay?" They said stopping by me. I squinted my eyes then shrugged it off as one of the stupid games they used to play. This was a friend I had made in the underground after Levi left. "Yeah sure what's up?" I said turning back and grabbing some apples from the booth I was at.

Next thing I knew my hands were bound behind my back. Something hard hit my head and everything turned faded slowly to black, as I slowly lost consciousness. "I'm sorry"

Hange's POV:

It's been 5 damn hours were in the hell is [y/n]?

I was walking down the hallway when I saw Levi. He looked just as confused and concerned as I was. When he saw me his eyes grew wide and he quickness his pace to get to me quicker.

"Have you seem [y/n]?" "No" we both said in unison.

"What the hell? Where are they?" Levi said looking around like she was in one of the rooms surrounding us and he was expecting her to just randomly pop out of one of the rooms.

"I don't know..." It's already 5:00PM and she's not back for dinner. "I'm going to find her now. Are you coming or no?" I said looking to the end of the hallway then back down at Levi. He nodded like the answer was obvious. How in the living hell did he make me feel stupid doing the question by just nodding?

We walked out of HQ just as Erwin was coming back from the stalls. "Where do you two think you're going?" He questioned at Levi and I grabbed our horses out of their stables and mounting them.

"We're going to find [y/n]." Levi said calmly despite the current situation. I'm glad he spoke because I was on the verge of tears. "She's not back yet?" Erwin said, concern suddenly falling over his face. Levi and I just nodded.

"Okay then. If you don't find her by 8:00am then come back and we'll file a report and go look for her ourselves." Erwin said sighing. He stopped at Levi's horse and Levi bent over and kissed the top of Erwins head. "Be safe" I heard Erwin whisper as he walked inside HQ. Levi and I finally rushed toward the city, but he seemed to know something that I didn't.

Levi's POV:

It's gonna be someone from the underground. But who? Everyone loved her except for her dad and his little gang but we killed them all. Damn it all. I thought to myself. I took several turns and constantly heard people whisper about Hange and I racing through the streets. People yelled at us, if it was for making traffic or just because we're scouts, that depends on the person. People were cursing us out but that was the last thing on my mind.

I made a sharp turn and I heard Hanges horse stop then start again. "Levi where are we going?" Hange yelled.

"I think I may know where they are."
"What? How?"
"I just.. I don't know okay. Intuition? Luck? Beats me." I said making my horse run faster.

We got to the 'secret' staircase that led to the underground.
"We'll leave our horses up here. If we bring them down they'll be stolen."

Hange nodded and we tied up the horses to some poles that were close by the staircase but also hidden.

As we decended the stairs, I heard a shrill scream that couldn't be mistaken for anyone else.
"[Y/N!!"