Chpt. 31 Not Again

(this is Papyrus' POV from the last chapter)

~3rd POV~ (with Papyrus)

Papyrus immediately sat up as he heard Undyne Yell. She inadvertently woke him up just by her raspy and booming voice alone. Well no more sleeping now, Papyrus told himself. He just got himself in his pajamas and now he has to change back to his battle body gear.

The tall skeleton quickly changed back into his normal outfit and neatly folded his pajamas, and placed them onto his bed. Papyrus silently opened and closed his bedroom door and slowly walked down the steps as not to wake his sleeping brother and fell.

He found his way through the dark living room to the front door, entirely on memory and less on sight. Bracing himself for the cold, Papyrus slowly opened up the front door with a small 'click' The blast of wind he prepared for quickly entered the house and blew Papyrus's scarf around. His boots soon landed on the 'welcome' mat as he quickly shut the door to keep the warmth trapped inside.

Already the taller skeleton felt tired, mainly from not being able to get back his energy from the day's activities. The snow wasn't a bother for him, as it was for his much shorter brother, but it did make his stride a lot slower; due to him pulling his foot out of the pile of snow that was covering the entire town. 'why did it have to be so late at night. Undyne should of just waited till mourning' Papyrus told himself as he made his way to Waterfall.

He knew River Person had to be asleep around this hour at night, at least they should be. The much longer trail towards the lab was going to take so much time and energy for him to get there. Papyrus is mainly known for his work habits and how he refused to take anything the easy way, but of course he had exceptions. If someone was injured, in danger, or if he was awoken from his sleep late at night, that is when he does the easy way.

Snow kept crunching underneath his red boots as he steadily got closer to Waterfall. His mind kept think up possibilities of what Undyne was even talking about, it could basically be anything. Another monster crossed over to Hell, someone was sent to the chamber, or someone from Hell tried to come over to Heaven.

All thoughts gone about how the skeleton could easily fly over the town and Waterfall all the way to the lab. Of course someone who never had wings in life would easily forget all about the new appendages protruding from their back. It could also be from what has happened to the older brother of the family when flying that could easily make someone forget about an easier route.

Papyrus stopped dead in his tracks. It couldn't be. Thoughts started racing around his mind, his non-existent heart pounding out of his chest. No, no it's impossible for it to be about Fell. His hands started twiddling with each other, having no goal in mind on what it was actually doing.

"THAT'S IT, I'LL JUST MAKE SURE RIVER PERSON IS ACTUALLY OPEN OR NOT!" The tall skeleton proclaimed to himself. His boots slowly rose from the snow that ensnared the red shoe. It doesn't hurt to check right? It'll waste at least some time of anxiety if not.

Papyrus was definitely, not checking to make the trip a bit longer if they weren't even open, definitely not.

The angels around the giant skeleton stared as he quickly turned around and stomped off to the direction he came from.

Passing through the colorful town once again, the younger brother stomped towards the River Person station in hopes of a more calming way of getting to Hotlands. Papyrus kept his non-existent eyes forward as he walked pass his own house, mind trying to get rid of anything associated to Fell.

Papyrus quickly passed up the Librarby, still can't believe that they haven't fixed that sign yet, with his quickened pace and soon turned the corner towards the River Person.