Chpt. 9 Where Did He Go?

~Papyrus' POV~

When I saw Sans slam his door behind him I felt bad. I didn't mean to make him angry I was just worried about him. Going over to hell isn't good even going over there for a split second.

I went up the stairs just staring at Sans' door. Shaking my head to try and get rid of the thought of him yelling at me I headed straight for my room again. 'Looks like I don't get a bedtime story tonight. Not like it matters I haven't had one in a few days.'

The race car bed was the same from when I was alive. Th pirate flag was there too. I knew it was there since I was the first one in the house. It was so lonely here without Sans. For some reason I actually missed hearing his terrible puns. Hearing him make puns while I was making spaghetti or how he made me carry him home from his late night stations. I missed those times even though it was annoying.

I missed everything that happened when we were alive. I was so excited that I got to see Sans again. He looked so happy to see me too. I was excited to see if we would continue like how we did when we were alive. The first night he was the same, I didn't ask for a bedtime story that night because I wanted him to settle in back in his room. Then he started acting weirder and weirder. Then the day I get the news that he crossed the line between heaven and hell, I got angry and I don't know why. It was probably from him wanting to know everything and I hate that side of him.

He would try and get me to tell him about what happened to me when I felt sad. I always acted like I didn't care. Instead I was annoyed. When I tried to get him to tell me stuff about what happened to him when he felt sad he just put on a fake smile and said that nothing was wrong. I learned very quickly which smile was real or not.

I didn't really mean to yell at him about what happened I just finally wanted answers for once. When he yelled back I felt sorry. He probably felt the same way I did when he tried to get answers from me. The thoughts were slowly being pushed out of my mind when sleep was overcoming me. My vision went black.

*****

The morning was bright and shiny. The small chatter of monsters as they went by was kind of soothing. I let Sans sleep in since I didn't want to bother him for awhile. Instead of thinking about the bad things last night I was thinking about making spaghetti. The image of a perfected spaghetti put a smile on my face.

I crushed the tomatoes and the other ingredients. Got a pot and filled it up with water. Slammed the pasta noodles into the pot and turned up the heat. When everything was done I got two plates down and put spaghetti on them.

"SANS BREAKFAST IS DONE!" No answer, usually he would groan or just say '5 more minutes' but this time nothing. "SANS?" I started to head for the stairs. "IS EVERYTHING OKAY? SANS." I got to his door and knocked, and yet again no answer. "SANS PLEASE ANSWER ME." I turned his door knob but it was unlocked. He always locked it. Something was wrong.

Panic was going threw me. 'Is he okay? Is this because of me?' I entered his room but no one was there. There was no trace of him. He never leaves the house at night because he is always too lazy. 'Something is definitely wrong!' The first thing I thought of was Grillby's. I ran there not caring for the weird glances from monsters. The ding of the bell signified that I had entered the bar. The fire bartender was cleaning down the bar area. "GRILLBY HAVE YOU SEEN SANS HE IS MISSING!" He shook his head no. Immediately I left I couldn't waste any time.

I went through every piece of land heaven had to offer. He was no where to be found. All day it was just me looking for Sans. Monsters were not at all any help either. They never saw Sans at all this entire day. 'Did he go to hell?!' My "heart" started racing. 'Why would he ever go back there?' The news never said anything about any monster going to hell that morning or last night so the thought of him there was crossed out of my mind.

The rest of the day was filled with me yelling out his name. I would walk right next to the line of hell sometimes and sometimes I would be right outside Grillby's since that was his favorite place besides his bed. There were no signs that Sans was there. That night I didn't have any sleep. Worry was keeping me awake. 'Where is Sans! Where would he go! Why would he ever leave?' I tossed and I turned in bed.

The next morning I did the same thing. Yell out Sans' name around hell and around Grillby's. "SANS WHERE ARE YOU! PLEASE COME BACK!"

"I see it! I see it!" The words were faint. The voice was unrecognizable. Since I thought it was just a random monster child yelling that they found their toy I continued. "SANS!" But someone responded. "Paps!" The voice was Sans' but it sounded like it was coming from hell. I turned toward hell but I didn't see anything. 'I knew it was just a trick' I headed straight for home. My hopes of finding him were gone.