Chpt. 26 The Collar

(kind of a panic attack warning)

~Classic's POV~

(The next morning)

Papyrus was yelling at me from downstairs to remind me about the pills again. Fell hid in my closet just in case Papyrus came to my room. I felt bad for Fell since he had to hide in my cramped closet full of empty bottles of ketchup that I was too lazy to throw away. Before he went into the closet I gave him one last hug and another kiss before closing the door.

Papyrus started yelling again so I had to get out of my room. The door closed behind me as I started to walk towards Papyrus who looked scared. I ignored it as I grabbed the pill bottle he was holding. Opening the bottle, I went to the kitchen to grab another bottle of ketchup. I took out a pill from the orange bottle. Taking a swig I pretended to swallow the pill but threw it away. Before I left I grabbed a bottle of mustard, that I hid in the back of the fridge, and shoved it in a pocket on the inside of my jacket.

   I handed the small pill bottle to Papyrus and started walking upstairs. The entire time Papyrus stayed quite, but kept the same terrified face.

"Well I'm going back to my room, Papyrus."

"S-SANS JUST BE CAREFUL OKAY."

   "Sure will bro." I didn't care about what he said. 'He probably just heard the news that Fell escaped. He probably is starting to worry about me.' I walked up to my room and entered it. The door shut behind me, closing me off from Papyrus. The closet door slowly creaked open when I closed the door. Fell's legs were shown when he slowly tried to leave the closet without making a noise.

I grabbed the bottle of mustard from my pocket and gave it to Fell when he walked over to me. "Heya sweetheart I know my room's messy n' all but you need to clean your closet." He grabbed the mustard bottle and took a sip.

   "I can tell. All of the ketchup bottles fell out when you got out of it. I'm gonna clean it later." The ketchup bottle was brought up to my mouth and I took a sip. "We have to be more careful since Papyrus probably knows that you and Siéra escaped. Anyway do you know how to get those collars off? I just want you to be able to teleport away when Papyrus gets here out of no where."

   "Not at all. Siéra put the collar on you when she ya know kidnapped you. I was not at all part of the collars." He leaned against the wall while drinking from the condiment bottle. The bottle of ketchup was soon empty after awhile of standing there, thinking, and drinking from the bottle. Didn't help at all that Fell was doing nothing but drinking his mustard.

   The idea popped in my head after thinking about when I woke up before I was drugged. 'They had to cut off the collar so that means each one had a different key to it. I would need to get the keys or just cut it off. I can't just go get a saw or something that would cut it cause that would be too suspicious. I would usually never deal with anything that needed a lot of work. Me getting something that goes along with work monsters might start getting suspicious.'

   "Hey Fell I have an idea but I need your help." He lowered the bottle of mustard from his mouth and looked at me, waiting for the rest of it. "I need a sharp object but I can't ask for any because I could bring suspicion. Can we quickly teleport to your castle, grab something sharp, and first cut off the collar for Siéra, if she hasn't yet, then do yours?" I stared up at him waiting for an answer.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Dunno Sweetheart. Won't say anything till you give me somethin' in return." His cheeky smile spread across his face.

"I already gave you some mustard isn't that enough."

"Nope. Gotta give me somethin' else Sweetheart."

   My voice started getting higher without me noticing. "What do you want that's better than mustard?" I asked him. His smile got even wider.

"I don't know maybe a kiss?"

"Didn't I give you one this morning?"

"You did but you need to give me another to get my answer. So what will it be Sweetheart?"

I stared at his face. My face was already lightly dusted with blue. 'A kiss and get answers or doing something else. He probably wants the collar off so no matter what he might tell me the answer. He just wants another kiss. How hard can that be?'

   "SANS! WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO UP THERE?!" Papyrus yelled from downstairs.

   "Fell get into the closet just in case." I quietly whispered to Fell. Quickly he got into the closet and closed it behind him while I got out my phone and pretended to be on a phone call with someone. "I'm just talking to Grillby!" I yelled back at him. Footsteps were heard before my door was slammed open. "Grillby I'm gonna have to call you back." I said pretending to be on the phone. I put my phone back into my pocket and looked up at Papyrus. "Do you need anything Papyrus?"

   "UM... WHAT WERE YOU AND GRILLBY TALKING ABOUT EARLIER?" He started fiddling with his gloves.

   "He was asking me to pay my tab." I tried saying nonchalantly but I was a little nervous.

   "O-OKAY. WELL IM GOING TO GO MAKE SPAGHETTI." With that he left the room and closed the door behind him. His footsteps were going farther and farther away from my room. 'He is finally gone.'

   "Hey Fell you can come out now." I walked over to the closet and opened it up. Fell was still smiling or he just started smiling. He slowly got out of it and kept that same cheeky smile from earlier.

   "So Sweetheart what option are ya pickin'? Giving me a kiss or you having to do something else?" His smile was still plastered on his face.

   "Fine." I pulled him close and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. "You didn't specify where." I started to get his cheeky smile while his face turned into a grumpy one. 'Probably wanted a kiss on the lips. That's what you get for making me give you one.'

   "I wanted one on the lips." He mumbled under his breath but I could still barely hear him. "Anyway the only sharp thing in the castle is a knife from the kitchen. It definitely won't work for a collar but I don't know how sharp those things are since I'm not really allowed in the kitchen. Mostly you still have your magic so you should be able to summon some of your attacks and see if that could cut through one of these." He grabbed onto the collar to emphasize his point. Another sip from his bottle emptied it. He threw it down onto the floor right next to my feet. I Ignored it.

Without hesitation I summoned a bone and grabbed onto it. Fell flinched a little bit but I ignored it. A blue hue surrounded one end of it and slowly chipped away at the bone. Soon the weapon was sharp. "This might work. Just lay down on my bed so I can get a better angle." I quickly said to Fell while I tried being silent. No one knows if Papyrus could be listening to me.

Fell walked over to bed slowly. 'I don't even think he is doing this just to stay silent. He probably might still be grumpy with me.' I didn't realize I let out a small chuckle till Fell looked over at me. "What's so funny Sweetheart?" He stopped in his tracks to look over at me. His face was a little sweaty but I didn't care.

   "Nothing." Again I chuckled a bit. "Just lay down on the bed so I can try and get that collar off." He stared at me for a little while then turned himself around. He plopped himself down onto my bed and stared up at me. His arms were crossed.

   "Just hurry up." He grumbled. Walking over i kneeled down next to the bed, near his neck. Fell pulled the fur on his jacket down a little so I could see the collar better. The sharp weapon got closer and closer to Fell's neck. Fell's face started to get sweaty but I ignored it trying to focus on not cutting Fell. His chest started moving up and down faster faster as the bone got closer to his neck. I kept ignoring it. His eyes were moving back and forth, staring at the bone then away from it. He started fiddling with his hands. I still ignored it. I should be paying attention to it but I kept ignoring it.