Chpt. 21 A Bit Off

~Classic's POV~

   The darkness from the dreamless sleep faded out. Pain started to engulf my head. The banging in my head was terrible. It was so painful. The pain was unbearable. My hand went straight for my head. 'What happened?' I tried getting up to get something to dull the pain but something felt off about the headache. 'It never feels like this' My door to my room opened up and I saw Papyrus. "Hey bro." I tried saying nonchalantly so he wouldn't worry.

   "BROTHER DO YOU HAVE A HEADACHE?" I lowered my hand.

"How do you know that?"

"N-NO R-REASON, N-NO REASON AT ALL! DONT QUESTION THE GREAT PAPYRUS!"

"Okay then bro." 'He is stuttering. He never stutters.' "Hey bro do you mind me asking why one of my wings are gone? Also why did you come into my room even though I did nothing?" I tilted my head a little. I ignored the headache.

"W-WELL BROTHER YOU WERE ASLEEP FOR AN EN-ENTIRE MONTH. YEAH THAT'S RIGHT A MONTH. I WAS WORRIED SO I CHECKED UP ON YOU EVERY MORNING, AFTERNOON, AND BEFORE I WENT TO BED. ALPHYS CAME BY AND SAW THAT YOU WERE, UM. YOU WERE LAYING ON YOUR WING WRONG SO WE HAD TO CUT IT OFF SO YOU WOULDN'T HAVE TO BE IN A LOT OF PAIN FOR WHEN YOU WAKE UP. YEP THAT HAPPENED. YOU ALSO NEED TO TAKE A PILL TO HELP YOU HEAL FROM THE SURGERY!" He handed me a pill bottle. "HAPPY TO SEE YOU AWAKE BROTHER!" Turning around and opening the door, he left the room. 'He never acts like this. Something is off. Probably from me being asleep for a month. Wait I was asleep for a month!? That is more like a coma! No wonder why he is acting like this. He was probably really scared.' I stood there thinking while staring at the door and putting the bottle into my jacket pocket. Without realizing I sat down onto the floor during my thinking. Soon I heard the noise from the tv. 'He probably is watching Mettaton again'

   I got up and walked over to my door and opened it after awhile of thinking. Papyrus was sitting on the couch and watching Mettaton. I tried closing the door quietly but the loud clicking notified Papyrus that I left my room. He turned around and immediately turned off the tv. "Heya bro I was just trying to get some ketchup. Sorry if I bothered ya." I tried saying apologetically. He smiled at waved at me. 

   "IT'S OKAY BROTHER GET WHAT YOU NEED! JUST PLEASE WARN ME NEXT TIME BROTHER." Papyrus said as I walked down the stairs. I nodded my head as I went into the kitchen.

   "Hey bro! Why did you turn off the tv? It was just Mettaton so why did you turn it off?" I yelled from the kitchen as I grabbed a cold bottle of ketchup from the fridge.

"I-IT WAS NOTHING BROTHER! DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT!" I exited the kitchen and took a sip of ketchup. It kind of soothed the pain. 'So this is the first time in months I have had ketchup.' I totally ignored Papyrus' answer and paid more attention to the ketchup. It was so good. "OH ALSO BROTHER DID YOU TAKE YOUR PILL YET!" I was pulled out of my paradise of ketchup and looked over at Papyrus. 'Oh right the pill' Pulling out the orange bottle from my pocket I looked at the individual pills. They had a pink side with a white one. It didn't really look like a normal numbing pill but it probably was made for me and no one else. I took a swig of ketchup and dropped the pill into my mouth. Swallowing it I felt the ketchup and pill slid down my nonexistent throat.

   "Hey Papyrus am I allowed to walk around the place or am I forced to stay here?" I said jokingly to him. His face turned to fear, not what I wanted. I was thinking he was going to laugh with it but he just looked scared.

   "D-DO YOU REMEMBER SANS?" He stuttered out. Confusion started to swell up in my mind. 'What does he mean by that? Do you remember what?'

   "Remember what?" He looked relieved as he let out a breath. I stood there staring at him.

   "I-IT'S, IT'S NOTHING BROTHER. ALSO YOU CAN GO OUTSIDE BROTHER BUT THE MONSTERS MIGHT ASK YOU QUESTIONS SO JUST IGNORE THEM OKAY!"

   "Okay bro." With that I walked out of the house. The first place I stopped at was Tori's house. She was glad to see me awake and well. She acted a little strange but nothing too unusual. She gave me a slice of pie. I then went to Undyne's house then to Alphys', and they all acted a little strange. Alphys stuttered a little to much when she was talking about how I acted when I fell asleep. Undyne stuttered as well when she was also talking about the month long nap I took. Everyone stuttered at that part. It was way too strange to ignore. 'Something's not adding up.' Undyne and Alphys gave two different reasons why I had my wing cut off. Alphys said the same as Papyrus but Undyne told me that I turned in my sleep too quickly and broke it. That was probably not even possible in the first place but I have to believe them because I was asleep the entire time.

   I was walking home when a group of monsters went up to me and started asking tons of questions. They sometimes asked about how I was treated, how he acted towards me, or how I felt while I was stuck there. I didn't know what they meant. 'What do they mean about he and there? Are they making stuff up to confuse me or something? Never mind that I just need to ignore them.' They stared at me for answers but I just walked away. No footsteps were heard next to me showing that they were still standing there.

   Close to home I saw the glowing lights of Grillby's. 'Grillby was probably worried about me like everyone else. I should probably visit him sometime.' I walked towards my house again and got inside. Before I closed the door I heard mumbling from Papyrus' room but I kind of ignored it. Shutting the door I shuffled up to my room. The mess of clothes was still on the ground. I was about to lay down and fall asleep but the mumbling started up again. It was slightly stuttering like Alphys.

   "S-so Pa-Papyrus w-what did y-ou te-ll him? Ab-about the pa-past month." The voice stuttered out. I didn't notice that I was standing close to the wall listening in on the conversation.

   "WELL I TOLD HIM THAT HE WAS ASLEEP LIKE YOU TOLD ME TO. I ALSO TOLD HIM THAT HE UM LAID ON HIS WING WRONG AND WE HAD TO CUT IT OFF." Papyrus answered.

   "O-okay. Ju-just re-meber to n-not ta-lk about H-Hell around h-him." With that both voices went silent. I heard Papyrus' room door open and close. The footsteps went down the stairs and exited the house.

   "Not talk about what around me? What do they mean?" I whispered. I went and say down on my bed. My jacket was taken off along with the pills still in the pocket. I kept wondering about what they were talking about. I fully laid down on my bed still wondering about the conversation. "I just need to sleep right now" I whispered once again. My eyelids slowly got heavier. Sleep was taking over me. I felt way more drowsy now. Darkness swallowed me and brought me into a dreamless sleep.

€€€€€€€€€

   So I'm going to use random symbols for the A/N at the end of random chapters. Also I feel like this chapter was also packed with the story plot. Anyway hope you enjoyed the new chapter.