The Story of a Reaper - Confrontation, Stress, and Toast

Morning came and the others were picked up to go back home with their parents. While everyone was saying goodbye, Goth was still asleep in their room.

Once everyone left was when he came out.

"Oh- Goth! Everyone left already!" Chuckled Raven.

Goth groaned, slowly making his way to the kitchen. He pulled out some bread and the toasters and started making toast.

"Oh no... what happened?" Raven came over. Raven placed his hand on Goth shoulder.

"You usually make toast when you're upset or depressed, what's wrong?" Raven asked

Goth groaned, "I told Palette that I love him...but he doesn't want to be a thing and that he has to 'think it over' ...am I really that bad to have to think over?" Goth whined

"...YOU TOLD PALETTE YOU LOVE HIM!"

The toasted popped out

"But- you know he's in bad shape right?" Raven said.

"What do you mean?" Goth asked. "It's quite obvious really! Then again I am the one with a dark mindset!" He chuckled

"Why else do you think I noticed you were upset. Shino would have assumed you were just making toast!"

Goth sighed and picked up one of the toast, crunching on it.

"Look, I notice when Palette is upset that something is probably happening with him at home. It's not you, okay...I can tell that when he's with you, he feels safe." Raven smiled

"He just has a lot going on probably. Then again, I'm just assuming. It's none of my business anyway-" he shrugged

"Feel better, it's not the end of the world!" Raven smirked as he walked out of the kitchen to go to his room.

Goth continued to crunch on their food, thinking about it.

Goth pulled out his phone and started to text Palette.

< Hey! Sorry I couldn't say goodbye! I was so tired from last night!

Goth waited a bit. He saw that Palette looked at the message...but never responded.

Goth sighed in a bit of defeat. Maybe someone else can get answers for him. He decided to text Gradient seeing as the others probably wouldn't be of help unlike him.

Palette seemed to be in his room, lazily on his bed looking around his room. Old toys that used to belong to his uncle. A chipped dresser and paint-splattered walls from a few accidents.

Someone knocked on Palette's door. "Open!..." Palette yelped to which Gradient opened the door. "You tuned down Goth?" Gradient asked. "I didn't turn him down- I just... didn't want to be... together yet. Who told you!" Palette sat up.

Gradient closed the door behind him. "Goth texted me everything. I'm sure he's eating toast right now," Gradient chuckled slightly

Palette groaned, plopping back on his bed. "Don't tell the others...please" Palette asked. "Sure. Goth tried texting you, but you ignored him?" Gradient said, his voice confused.

"How come?" Gradient asked.

Palette grumbled more, curling up in a ball. "It's... nothing, some stuff is in my mind is all," Palette tried to dismiss it. He sat up with a smile. "No need to worry about me! I'll respond later, it's nothing too serious," Palette grinned.

Gradient went over to Palette, sitting on his bed. "You know. You don't have to force yourself to be the next prodigy of Dream. You don't have to hide from me. Despite me being more on Error's side... I'm still part Star Sanses," Gradient reassurance.