The Other Exchange Student part 1

Comet's POV

I heard Star yawning, and I woke up, looking over to her. "Morning" Star said. "Good morning" I replied and asked "Did you sleep well?" She nodded. "I needed this after all this staying awake for the last few days" she told me. We got up and walked downstairs, still in our pajamas. Star yawned when we heard the Diaz family yelling "Surprise!" from downstairs. Star was immediately fully awake and ran downstairs. I followed her into the living room, where the Diazes wore party hats and standing under a banner. "Happy 47th day on Earth, Star, and Comet!" they said together. The laser puppies yipped excitedly. Star squealed "A party? For us? I can't believe it!" Marco grinned. "You can't?" he asked sarcastically "We've done this every day since you got here." "Here, girls. I made you a cake" Mr. Diaz said, showing us a cake with pink and blue frosting and our faces on it. "And I wrote you a poem" Mrs. Diaz said and smiled at us. "Our lives were so small and puny 'til this angel arrived from Mewni" she presented it, and Star became all teary-eyed, while Marco looked weirded out. "Thank you, Mrs. Diaz" I thanked her. The doorbell rang and Marco gladly said "Ah, thank goodness." He removed his party hat and answered the front door. I heard someone in a foreign accent saying "Hello! It is I, Gustav!" "No way!" Marco seemed to be really excited. The Gustav-boy laughed "Marco! My American friend!" After a little while, Marco announced "Look who's here!" Mr. and Mrs. Diaz turned around and gasped as they spotted Gustav, a boy with whiskey-brown hair and interesting clothing. "How wonderful!" Mr. Diaz exclaimed while Mrs. Diaz said "What a wonderful surprise!" They pulled away from Star before she could have a slice of cake, to greet and hug Gustav. "We've missed you so much!" they said. Star looked at me before deciding to say something "Um... hi." Gustav looked at us and said "Oh, hello. I am Gustav. I was the Diazes' exchange student last year." He shook our hands with such a grip that I felt a little bit uncomfortable. I felt the heat growing in my face and I hid behind my hair. "Oh, a shy one. I'm sorry" Gustav noticed and pulled away. "Wait, I thought Comet and I were your only foreign exchange students" Star stepped in. "Not even close. I mean, who did you think all these kids were" Marco chuckled as he pointed toward all the pictures with different boys and girls. "Hmm..." Star thought. "I brought gifts from Scandinavia!" Gustav announced "For Mrs. D, a pair of clogs." He pulled a pair of shoes out of his backpack and handed them over to Mrs. Diaz. "Ooh!" she took the shoes and admired them, before putting them on. "For Marco, the handheld game Lederhosen Tycoon." Marco excitedly looked at the cover of the game. "And for Mr. Diaz, a genuine Viking helmet." Mr. Diaz gasped and pulled off the party hat. Then he put on the helmet and drove its horns into the wall next to him. Gustav came to us and said "And for you... nothing! I did not know you existed! Ha-ha!" "Oh" Star said disappointed. He jumped back to Mrs. Diaz and noticed "Oh! Mrs. D, you've gotten so thin. I need to fatten you up." They laughed. "Come, everyone, and I will cook you my meatballs" he stated and he and the Diazes entered the kitchen. Star stopped me from following and said "I don't trust him." "Why?" I asked her "We haven't known him for long." "I don't know. I just don't" she said. We walked into the kitchen as Gustav stirred a bowl of meat and told us how he had saved a baby polar bear. "The Scandinavian monsoons were over, but the danger had just begun. The iceberg was sinking. Heedless of my own peril, I disrobed. I dove into the freezing fjord and I carried Yuri back to his mother!" We sat down next to Marco and the Diazes said "Ooh" as they heard the story of Gustav. Star didn't seem to be as excited and chewed on the meatball. I tried one too. They were great. "These are good" I said. "Thank you. Oh, I just recognized, you have a very interesting eye color" Gustav said. I blushed "Yeah, I've inherited my purple eyes from my grandma" I mumbled. "I like it. Marco think fast!" Gustav said and threw a meatball towards Marco. Marco caught it in his mouth and ate it. "So, uh, Gustav, where exactly are you from?" Star asked him. He narrowed his eyes and asked "How much do you two know about Europe?" Star and I exchanged looks before Star answered "We know it's a place. I'm pretty sure." He smiled and said "Ohh, well, then. I come from the country of Scandinavia. It is a land where Vikings teach gym class and everyone has a pet penguin, even if you don't like penguins. Oop, too bad, here's your penguin." "Hey, Gustav, I'm open. Meatball me!" Gustav, Marc, and Mr. and Mrs. Diaz played with the meatballs. "Are you sure those are cooked?" Star asked skeptically. Marco ignored her and continued the game. Star looked at them weirded out. I didn't know what to feel. Gustav seemed to be a very nice boy, and very talented in cooking too. On the other hand, it wasn't normal for Star to hold grudges for people, she hadn't known that long. "Just think- three more weeks of this!" Marco said with tears of joy in his eyes.