❄️ Christmas Special ❄️

Hi-Hi 👋

Merry Christmas to everyone who is reading this on December 24th/25th !

It has now been one and a half years ago that I started this fan fiction, and I honestly never would've thought, that anybody would be interested in it. So I want to thank you all for the support and patience you show me. Seeing your comments always makes my day, and reminds me why I am still continuing this story.

To be honest, when I uploaded the first chapter, I had no idea what I was doing and in which direction I want to take this story.

So, as a gift to you, here is a small upload and a picture I drew. I've been getting more into Digital Art lately and this time, I actually started from scratch.

Hope you enjoy!

YvieLeaf

3rd Person POV

Moon sighed somberly as she flipped through the photo book. She relived the days of the pictures. One was her as a young girl with her mother, as the two of them baked. The next showed her parents and her on a festival. Many other pictures taken with her parents and friends. And then, it stopped.

The next picture was her coronation. Moon looked at her younger self, who looked into the camera emotionlessly. Usually, her parents would've stood behind her in the picture, but here she was all alone.

"Mommy?" Moon looked up from the book to see her two-year-old daughter standing next to her, supporting her weight with the bed. "What is it sweetie?", she asked and picked up Comet. She tucked a piece of hair back that had fallen into Comet's face.

Comet looked at her mother with big purple eyes. She put her hands on Moon's face and wiped the tears away, as if to say 'Don't be sad'. Moon hadn't even noticed that she had been crying. She smiled and showed Comet the photo book.

Comet pointed at the coronation picture and said "That's you mommy." "Yes, that's me when I became the queen", Moon explained. Comet flipped to the next picture. It was at the ball after the coronation and showed a flustered Moon and awkward River smiling into the camera. Moon laughed softly. She had completely forgotten that that had happened.

They continued to flip through the book until they came to a picture of Moon and River holding the new born Star and Comet. "Look, it's Star and you", Moon said. Comet nodded happily.

The last few photos were mainly of Star and Comet. After that, there were only blank pages. Comet looked up, confused that there were no pictures anymore. "That's for future pictures", Moon explained.

"COMET!", Star exclaimed (even as a literal infant, she was extremely loud) and came running into the room. "I wanna show you something", she said excitedly. Comet looked at Moon for permission. "Go play together you two, Mommy has to get some work done", she encouraged. Comet grabbed Star's hand, and Star happily dragged her to wherever the thing was she wanted to show her.

Moon smiled softly. She deeply hoped that she would be able to give her daughters a fulfilling childhood, without them having to experience the loss of a loved one.