Interdimensional Field Trip part 1

Comet's POV:

"Alright, listen up! We'll be arriving soon. You will not eat, drink or be loud on this bus while we're still driving. And stay in your seats!"

Miss Skullnick was trying to keep everyone under control, failing greatly. The bus was loud, almost overwhelmingly so. Star and Marco were sitting two or three rows behind Jackie and me, yet I still could hear every single word Star said, despite the volume in this bus.

"The best day of my life!", she yelled excitedly, "We're going on a Field Trip!"

"Cork it 'Princess'!", Miss Skullnick yelled from the front to her.

"Hey Comet, look at this", Jackie said, distracting me from all the loudness. She scooted closer, showing me a Funny Cat Image on her phone. "Should I send it to Marco?"

"Oh, you chat with Marco?", I asked, curious. "Yeah, we send each other stickers like that all the time", Jackie explained, when her phone let out a soft 'ping'. "Ah, look, he just sent me one."

She opened the message and looked at the picture, grinning happily. "Oh, I love it!" She typed in a reply: 'L.O.L.'

The bus came to a stop in front of a large building. "We're here!", Star exclaimed, being the first to rush out.

"C'mon, let's get this over with", Jackie sighed, unbuckling herself and stretching a little. "Is it really that bad?", I asked as we moved to the exit. "It beats regular classes", Jackie replied, "But it's still incredibly boring. Last year we went to a museum about the history of pencil sharpeners..." She shivered a little, before turning to me with a grin. "Luckily, I've got my phone to-"

"No you don't, little missy" Miss Skullnick pulled her phone from her hand. "No distractions! That goes for all of you." She took out a megaphone and screamed into it, "No monkey business!"

I whimpered at the loudness, covering my ears. "Geez, we get it", Jackie complained, "Tone it down or we'll all go deaf!"

Miss Skullnick ignored her and turned to the class. " This is the Echo Creek Museum of Paperclips. We're going to spend the next day hours learning about the genius if this little bent of wire."

The class seemed unimpressed and groaned in unison. "Miss Skullnick! Stop, this hurts!", Alfonzo overdramatically begged. "So Boring!" Ferguson complained. "Why must you torture us!"

Star and Marco joined our side. "Oh no... What about this Field Trip being fun...?", Star worried.

"Trust me, it will be no fun at all if Miss Skullnick snaps", Marco said, as the four of us looked at Miss Skullnick. "Yep, her eye's twitching", Jackie mumbled. "She's gonna snap in three...", Marco started.

"Two...", Jackie continued.

"One."

"Well, you know what?", Miss Skullnick snapped, and took the megaphone again, screaming into it, "LIFE IS BORING!!!"

We all held our ears again from the loudness. "Miss Skullnick!", Star scolded, "Life is supposed to be fun!"

"I used to think that, but now I'm fifty and all my dreams are in the rear view mirror. The best thing of my life is teaching you kids, and I hate teaching you", Miss Skullnick deadpanned. "That's cause you're doing it all wrong", Star argued. I pulled her back a little.

Miss Skullnick didn't seem pleased at all. "And you think you can lead this trip better than me?", she provoked Star. Star grinned. "I was born to lead, literally", she proudly said. Miss Skullnick laughed, unamused. "Okay, go ahead then! When you fail, those brats might actually appreciate me for a change."

Star grinned victoriously and was about to step up, when I pulled her back. "Star, don't do something you're not supposed to", I whispered to her. Jackie patted my shoulder. "Come on, what's the worst that can happen? Anything Star does will make this day so much more entertaining."

I looked at her, then Marco, then the rest of the class, and sighed. "Fine... But don't do anything reckless", I warned Star. "Of course! Who do you take me for?", she said, and climbed up the stairs to the entrance of the museum. "Alright, who wants to go somewhere not boring?!", she announced, turning to the class with a big smile. The class cheered and encouraged her.

"Let's go to the morgue!", Janna yelled through the sound of cheers.

"Alright, everyonne back to the bus!" She said, and was followed by the class. She opened a light blue portal big enough to fit the bus. "Alright, drive right through that, Mister busdriver", she commanded. The busdriver shrugged his shoulders and did as he was told.

We arrived in the other dimension without a hitch, an the bus stopped at the frozen dinosaur. Star jumped out of the bus and exclaimed, "Welcome to the dimension of Wonders and Amazement!"

I followed out with Marco as Jackie joined the others and ran outside excitedly. Marco and I stood beside Star.

"What is this place?", Marco asked, looking around the dimension.

The air was somewhat hazy, like the one in old antique stores where people stopped dusting for years. In the distant I saw a pyramid sticking out of rainbow-colored sand. Right in front of us was a huge robotic head, whose mouth acted as an entrance into it.

"Oh, this is just a planet full of the most odd and unbelievable things in the universe", Star explaind as if it was common knowledge and not strange at all.

"No running!", Miss Skullnick yelled into her megaphone, making me flinch at the surprising noise again. "No yelling! No-"

Star interjected. "Hey hey hey hey hey hey!" She used her magic to transform the megaphone into a small ox. The ox yelled a high note, before running away into the distance.

"You put me in charge", Star reminded Miss Skullnick, "So rule number one: No rules!"

"No rules leads to Anarchy", Miss Skullnick argued, but Star didn't listen at all. From Miss Skullnick's. Pocket, she pulled out the phones Miss Skullnick had taken. "Everyone! Take your phones!"

The class quickly huddled around us, grabbing their phones, and left immediately. Star threw the last phone, Marco's, to him. "When you give people the freedom to do whatever they want", Star started.

"Wow, I get more bars here than I do on earth!", Marco awed, and walked away, staring on his screen.

"They might just surprise you", Star ended, "Try to have a little fun you 'Big ol' meanie'. Let's go Comet."

She took my hand to run off and find the others. 

Wordcount: 1069