Quest Buy part 2

Marco's POV

As we walked through the halls, I spotted lots of weird things. A fish-like server held a tray of two disgusting vials filled with sickly green liquids in front of my face. "Sample?" he offered "Either take a sample or leave a sample. Up to you." "Gross" I remarked. "We gotta hurry!" Star urged while she looked at her grayish wand that beeped "You can talk to the creepy salesman later, Marco!" She grabbed Comet, who grabbed me. "Gnome repellent? Extra-strength ghost heads? How do you find anything in this place?" I wondered while Star pulled us through the mall. She stopped in her tracks and turned to us. "It only looks messy" she claimed. "Yeah. Legend says that the founders of Quest Buy had an ancient cryptic system of symbols they used to organize the store" Comet told me. "Some have gone mad trying to decipher it!" Star added. Just then we noticed a goblin staring intensely at the wall with symbols on it. "I finally got it! Housewares is that way!" he cheered excitedly, only to crash into the wall next to us and fall on the ground with a black eye. We continued walking and I announced proudly "If there's a system here, I'm gonna use it to find the best route to the charger department." "Lucky for you, I myself know my way around here pretty well myself, if I do say so myself. I think I just used too many 'myself's" she said. I grinned at her and looked out for a map to locate us and help the girls get their chargers.

<><><>

We ran down a hallway and stopped at a Sphinx. "Halt!" It declared. Why was I even surprised? Of course it would talk! "Those who wish to pass my lair, answer my riddles if you dare! I do not breathe..." the sphinx started but Star cut it off. "A leg!" she said, looking at my phone in my hand. "but I run..." "A leg" Star repeated. "...and jump..." "A leg!" Star screamed. "...and - Wait. How could you possibly know that?" the sphinx asked surprised. "The internet" Star explained. "Internet?" The sphinx asked confused. "...You should look it up. Now come on, come on, open up!" Star urged. The sphinx sighed and opened the door in her chest to clear the path. "Thank you!" Star told the sphinx. We ran through the hallway and Star said "Okay, should be right through here!" We stopped in the department. It looked very familiar so I read the signs and product names. "Gnome repellent? Extra-strength ghost heads?" I groaned in annoyance "We're right back where we started! How is this even possible?" Star looked at me a little remorseful. "Let's see. We made a right turn, then another right turn, then another right turn. Ugh! This makes no sense!" she said angrily. "Star, it's okay. We'll find the chargers" Comet said and put a hand on Star's shoulder. Suddenly a shopping cart bumped into them from behind.

Ludo's POV

My monster army and I continued to look for an electric beak groomer. I was annoyed at my minions who tried to put useless stuff into the cart and at the system. You really couldn't find anything in this mess! Suddenly the cart bumped into something. I turned around and just wanted to complain at whatever was in the way when I realized it was the Butterflies and the boy. "Well, well, well" I smirked. The twins looked at me slightly stunned. "Looks like Quest Buy really does have everything a monster could want!" "Ludo?!" Star exclaimed taking her usual fighting position. Her twin and the boy assumed their fighting position, he taking an aggressive posture and she a more defensive one. "Now hand over that wand, or there's going to be a big cleanup on aisle... Uh, what aisle is this?" I asked the Sloth Clerk next to me. "That's not my department" he said and walked away. I groaned. Star Butterfly took that chance and yelled "Rainbow Avalanche!" I was dreading the rainbow explosion that would come any moment now. I closed my eyes, but nothing came. I opened my eyes again and only saw a little puddle of rainbow on the ground. "Uhhh, just give me a sec here" she said while shaking her wand which was somehow duller than normal. "Uh... Narwhal Nightmare!" Again, the wand only produced a tiny narwhal that fell into the puddle and flopped around in it. "Get me that wand!" I ordered. My monsters advanced on them who backed into a wall of boxes of 'Big Boy Diapers'. Star Butterfly took one of the boxes and screamed "Big Boy Diaper Blast!" while throwing it in our direction. The three of them continued to throw boxes at us since it seemed to help them before they ran through the passage they created. We followed after them. I just saw them taking the elevator to the upper floor. "Hurry!" I screamed. We squeezed into the second elevator to follow them. "Hold on there, folks!" I looked up and saw a large slug man headed our way. "Ohhh... Close, Close, Close!" I pressed the Close button repeatedly, but the slug man was faster. He pushed open the elevator doors and said "Thanks, guys." He squeezed into our already full elevator, filling the whole elevator with his green slug slime and pressing us against the back of the glass elevator. I could hardly breathe with my beak against the glass. The elevator started to move upwards. This will be worth it I repeatedly told myself. We finally arrived on the next floor. "See you later guys" The slug man said. I sighed in relief that he would finally go out until I reckoned that he was pulling us with him: "Uh, guys?" the slug man asked. I pulled free from his slime and ordered "Get 'em!" The monsters chased after the Butterflies and the boy, who screamed and ran away. Finally, this would be worth it.

A/N: I finally managed to do the next chapter ^-^. Hope you enjoyed it. If something is wrong with the chapter order, please tell me. Also, feel free to vote! And a special thank you to Rich4321 for being the first one to add this fanfiction to your Reading List! It means the world to me!

CU, Yvie