Pixtopia part 2

Comet's POV

After Star, Marco and his friends had left, it was more silent than it had been for a long time. I had almost forgotten how it had felt when Star wasn't with me at all times. This reminded me of my room at home. Home...

I put down the paint and stared at the canvas. Even though it wasn't done, one could easily see that what I had created was a painting of Mewni's fields. I felt a lump forming in my throat.

Why had mom and dad just sent us away? Mom hadn't left Mewni for training, so why did we have to?

I shook my head, pushing away those negative thoughts. After all, Earth was a beautiful dimension, and I had Star with me. And the friends we had made here were definitely worth being away from Mewni. 

I returned to my painting, determined to finish it today.

<><><>

Someone knocked on the loft's door, making me look up from my painting. I quickly made my way downstairs and opened the door. Marco's mother stood there. "Hey Comet, do you guys want a snack?", she asked, before looking into the room "Huh? Where are Marco and Star?"

"Oh, they just went out quickly...", I said vaguely (couldn't tell her about the dimension scissors after all), slowing down when I realized just how much time had past.

"Oh okay!", Marco's mom said cheerfully before going downstairs again. "When they come back you three can have a snack downstairs!" I hummed in response before closing the door.

"Star, where are you guys?", I asked aloud. It wasn't unusual for Star to get caught up and being away for longer than anticipated, but surely paying a bill shouldn't take over three hours?

I took out my portable mirror and tried calling Star. "I'm sorry, but you have exceeded your minutes. Your mirror service- Hey!"

"Sorry", I said, realizing I had just interrupted the pixie by closing my portable mirror. But now I was worried. Star hadn't just gotten caught up and forgotten the time... It seemed like they hadn't even made to Pixtopia in the first place! 

I started pacing. I couldn't tell Marco's parents. I couldn't tell our parents (not that I would be able to call them), and I was unable to go to Pixtopia since Star had taken the scissors with her! What was I supposed to do?

<>< 3 hours ago ><>

Star's POV

We kept falling into the darkness, until I felt myself landing on Marco. Shortly after that, Alfonzo fell on me. Ferguson slid down a ladder to the side. "Hey, guys", he greeted us.

I stood up and pat down my skirt, before checking whether my wand was still there. "Wow, Marco. I couldn't have 'Star'd' that one better up myself", I grinned. "Like I was supposed to know to bring jewels", he scoffed in return before going up to one of the pixie taskmasters. 

"Welcome to the Asgard Mines. Now get pickin'!", the pixie yelled. "I, uh, I'm sure this was all just a big misunderst- Whoa! Jeez!", Marco tried explaining but jumped back when the pixie tried to whip him with a laser whip. "Now what?", he asked us.

"Don't worry, twinsy. I got this", I told him. I grabbed my wand and exclaimed "Strawberry Annihilation!"

The wand didn't do anything. Instead, an error noise echoed through the mines. Dumbfounded, I tried again. "Strawberry-!" Another error noise. "Straw-!" And error. The pixie laughed at me. "Nice try blondie. These mines block magic", he mocked. I grew irritated at him and exclaimed "You want some of this? Let's go little man!"

Marco pulled me back. "Whoa whoa. Easy Star", he looked at the pixie, trying to bargain with him, " Sir, I'm- I'm sure we  a work this out. See, this is the princess of Mewni, Star Butterfly. Her dad has connections."

"And I'm King Fergon!", Ferguson chimed in. "Yeah yeah, and I'm the Duchess of Daisyland", the pixie scoffed unimpressed. "Ooh! Pleased to meet you Duchess of Daisyland", Ferguson said. This broke the pixie's patience. "No, the pleasure is all mine King Fergon! Take him away!", he exclaimed, and two pixies dragged Ferguson away.

"Guys, help!", he yelled as he was picked up by his cape. 

<><><>

Comet's POV

I kept trying to call Star, but no service meant no connection. "Fine", I said, giving up on that idea. "If no one's going to help me, I gotta help myself."

I got out the magic book of spells and opened it in hope to find a spell that could help. "Coooomeeet Buuutteeerflyyy!"

Or I could ask Glossaryck. I forgot he was in there.

"And what may I owe the pleasure of talking to you once again?", Glossaryck asked. "Star might be in trouble. Is there any spell which I can use to get to her?", I asked him while flipping through the book. "Oh, no there isn't. What is the point of having that spell when dimensional scissors exist?", Glossaryck answered. 

I sighed and looked up at him floating above me. "Oh Glossaryck, what am I supposed to do? Star might be in trouble, and there is no way I can help", I asked him. Glossaryck shrugged and replied "Dunno, invent a spell that can help you", he said nonchalantly.

My eyes widened. Invent a spell? Was that possible? We had only begun our training after all. "How do I do that?", I asked him quickly. Glossaryck looked at me. "What? No I meant that for future problems. You are way too inexperienced to do that now!", he said. I stood up and got my wand.

"I don't like where this is going", Glossaryck mumbled, but I ignored him. "Comet I'm serious, this isn't something you should try now!"

I closed my eyes and focused on what my goal was. My head hurt a little from all the concentrating, but I persevered. I had to if I wanted to help Star. 

I opened my eyes, pointed the wand in front of me and exclaimed "Crystal Mirror Portal!"

The impact of the spell threw me back and I landed on my bed. Glossaryck too was thrown back. I blinked, blinded by the light. I looked up from my bed and stared at the purple glowing orb in front of me. The orb seemingly melted, and became a portal. "Wow. I did not expect that", Glossaryck said.

I hesitantly took a step towards the portal. "Is it safe?", I asked Glossaryck. "You tell me. It is your spell after all", he replied. I took a piece of paper and carefully put it in the portal, before pulling it out again. Nothing happened. Looks like it was safe enough.

"I'll be right back Glossaryck", I said and took a step through the portal. Before Glossaryck could reply, I had stepped through, and the portal closed behind me.

A/N: Here's part 2! I was writing this while I was on the train, and the WiFi was TERRIBLE! I had to go on a different website real quick, and Wattpad had to reload. I almost lost half of this chapter 🥲. But it's finished now! I hope you like it.

I've been trying to give Comet more things to do in this story, I don't know if that is working all that well. But I have an arch for her, don't worry!

Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I hope you have a nice day/ evening/ night. 

YvieLeaf