Chapter 20: The After Effect (fluff)

» heads up «
- there's no heads up o-o   p o g

"Clay," George muttered, "I'll need to get my stuff from Brighton.." Clay carried George over to the counter, setting him down and looking into his eyes. "Well.. We'll go then!" Clay smiled, holding George's cold hands. "W-We?" George chimed in, eyes sparkling from the streak of sunlight shining on his face. "Well of course," Clay walked over to the toaster, putting in 2 slices of bread, "I'm not letting you go alone." Clay smiled, leaning against the granite countertop. George smiled at Clay, happy that he's going with him. George doesn't like being alone after the few incidents that happened, it completely scarred him. George looked down at his hands, forming small droplets of tears in his eyes. "T-Thank you, Clay.." George managed to whisper. "Don't thank.. George..?" Clay eventually looked up to see tears dripping down from George eyes, the salty tears landing down on the brown haired boy's thighs. "Baby, what's wrong?" Clay rushed over to George, placing his arm around him. "It's just- It's nothing important, Clay.." George whispered, looking up, wiping his tears away and smiling at the young boy. "It doesn't look like nothing, what's bothering you?" Clay frowned. The blonde boy wrapped George's hands in his, he then looked George straight in the eye, "What's wrong?" he muttered. George looked at the window, it was a bright and sunny afternoon. There were loads clouds in the sky and the trees were swaying to the cool breeze. "George, please, let me help!" Clay groaned, cupping George's chin and moving his head to face him. "Only if you kiss me.." George joked. Clay rolled his eyes and gave George a beautiful, long kiss. "Alright, fine.." George lightly smiled, "I'm still scared." Clay knew exactly what he was talking about. "Georgie.. It's going to take a while to overcome.. I need you to know you will be alright. I'll be right by you at all times, even in the shower." Clay winked, "But seriously, you will be alright, he can't hurt you anymore.." Clay gave George a comforting smile. George blushed, giving him a light smile back. "How do I forget about it?" George asked, looking down. He started to fiddle with Clay's fingers. Cute.. Clay thought to himself, "Well, you can't really forget something.. Just, overcome it." Clay quietly said. "Enjoy life while you can, the past is the past. Sure, it hurts, but you just need to focus on 'the now' in life. You still have your whole future.. We have our whole future, together.." Clay smiled at George. George had stopped crying, he looked back up at Clay, smiling. "T-Thank you, Clay.." George twinkled. Clay embraced George, resting his chin on his fluffy hair.

"I'll book our flight." George insisted, breaking their peaceful silence. "Sounds good!" Clay smiled, giving George a kiss on the cheek. The bread in the toaster jumped out, now they had some delicious, crumbly toast. Clay glanced over. He walked to the toaster, taking out the toast and putting it on the cutting board. George bounced off the counter, heading to the couch. Clay started to spread butter on the toast. "I should've fried the egg first.. Dammit." Clay face palmed himself, taking out a pan and 2 eggs. "Hm?" George hummed, grabbing the remote and turning on the TV. "Nothing, Georgie." Clay smiled. George glanced over from his shoulder. "Doesn't look like nothing." George smirked. Clay giggled at him. "No, I just forgot to fry the eggs first." Clay covered his face with his hands. George chuckled a bit at Clay's mistake. "Don't laugh! I was too busy admiring you.." Clay rolled his eyes, putting his hands on his hip. Clay turned back to the frying pan. He turned up the heat and cracked the eggs in. Clay opened a drawer and took out a spatula, he started to poke the egg with it. "Almost done." Clay smiled, closing the drawer with his side. The blonde quickly added a pinch of pepper and salt, slipping the eggs onto the toast slices. "Looks good!" Clay smiled, he started walking up to George. "Here, Georgie, you look hungry!" Clay giggled, sitting next to the smaller boy. "Thank you, Dweam.." George gave Clay a little peck on the cheek, showing that he's welcome. "George, I'm going to speed run eating this." Clay smirked. "No!!" George laughed. Before Clay could take a bite into the toast, there was a knock on the door. "Aww.." Clay whispered sadly. George just sat there, laughing. "Be right back." Clay winked. Clay quickly got up, placing his plate down on the coffee table. Clay walked over to the door, unlocked it and turned the doorknob. "Oh, you are back!" The old lady cheerfully said. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry! I forgot to tell you how long we would be.." Clay giggled and face palmed himself again. "No worries! Here's little ol' Patches!" The woman's smile was buoyant and bright. "Thank you, ma'am." Clay politely bowed down for the woman. "You're very welcome, Clay. If you need anything else, you know where I am. Bye now!" The lady slowly waddled away. "Bye!" Clay waved, slowly closing the door. "Look who's back!" Clay smiled, lifting up his sweet little cat. "Patches!" George stood up and walked over to them. Both boys gave Patches soft scratches behind their ears. "George," Clay interposed in, "what time should we leave?" George didn't take his eyes off of Patches. "In about an hour or so, that should be good, right?" George smiled saying it. "Alrighty, sounds good, baby." Clay beamed at George, making him turn red. "I love you, Dweam.." George pouted. "I love you too, Georgie poo." Clay kissed his forehead. The blonde put Patches down on the ground. Patches ran to his bed and lay down.