Chapter 34: Look Who's Here! (fluff and angst)

heads up:
- swearing o-o
- other ship(s) ovo
- anGST ;-;

Once the gang finally made it back, they couldn't comprehend properly what they just heard from Tyson. "Michelle and Tyson.. are.." George whispered under his cold breath. "A team, yeah," Zak answered. "Oh god, this is bad.. THIS.. is bad." Clay rubbed his eyes harshly, slumping down on the couch. The blonde took out his phone while everyone sat down with him. Clay started putting in a number, then calling it. "Clay?" Bad titled his head in confusion. Clay put his index finger by his mouth, signalling Bad to keep quiet. The phone rang, until someone picked up on the other end. "Yellow?" The voice said. "Hey, Nick.." Clay said slowly. "Oh shit, what's up?" Nick asked, "You sound.. different than usual." Nick stated. "Yeah uh.. something happened, do you think you could fly over here so we could talk?" Clay asked, sounding tired. "Why don't you tell me now? We're literally calli-" Nick got cut off by Clay hanging up on the other end. "Who was that?" George inquired. "Nick," Clay replied, "I need the whole gang here. Tyson is starting to freak me out." Clay said with honesty. "Should we take it chill for a while? Get out minds off of this horrible situation?" Zak suggested, putting his hand on his hip. "Yeah, that sounds like a plan!" Bad sounded enthusiastic from his suggestion. "Alright, what should we start with?" George asked, twiddling his fingers. "Let's watch some shows on Netflix, that's chill, right?" Clay indicated. "Yeah!" Zak smiled. The blonde hair grabbed the black remote, pressing on some buttons. The rest all drew their eyes to the television, watching whatever was on the screen. It was peaceful and really took their minds off of that whole circumstance. George got closer to Clay, snuggling up next to his warm body. Clay rested his hot hand on George's thigh, turning his head to make eye contact with the brown hair. George gave him a soft peck on his pink lips, thus causing Clay to pull him in and give him many more kisses. George giggled as it started to tickle him. George rested his head on Clay's shoulder, closing his eyes and falling asleep.

"KNOCK KNOCK!" a voice shouted from behind the door. Bad, Zak, and Clay all got a fright. It had been about 3 and a half hours since they heard anything other than the TV. "Coming!" Clay shouted back, gently moving George off of him. Clay jogged to the door, unlocking and opening it. "Took you long enough. I brought a friend if that's okay?" Nick placed a hand on his hip while a figure crouched behind him. "Wow, not even a hi?" Clay rolled his eyes sarcastically, "Come in." Clay smiled. "Hi Dream!" Karl beamed enthusiastically, jumping out from behind Nick. "Oh whoa! Hey Karl! You can call me Clay, by the way." Clay gave Karl a toasty hug, giving him a quite literal warm welcome. "Karl!?" Bad and Zak both said, jumping out of their seats. "What the honk?! Hey guys!" Karl squealed astonished, giving them all a hug. "This is a surprise!" Bad smiled softly. Nick cleared his throat. "Oh, hey Nick!" Bad waved. "Bro, I don't get hugs anymore." Nick sarcastically and softly said. As they all got settled in, Clay started telling Nick and Karl about everything going on about Tyson and Michelle.
"So yeah.. We think they're a team. It's quite concerning.." Clay sighed. "Oh geez.. I'm so sorry for you guys.." Karl mumbled. "Yeah, this is getting a bit much now," Zak said, looking down at the ground. "Hold on guys, I'm gonna put George to bed," Clay smirked. "Why does he sleep so much? Oh my god." Nick said with a poker face. "It's just his nature!" Karl giggled. Clay picked George up, walking over to their shared bedroom. He closed the door behind him, just in case. He took off George's sneakers and placed him in the comfy bed, pulling the covers over him. "Alright, Georgie poo, get some rest. You need it," Clay smirked, kissing George's head and looking down at him for a little bit longer. He held the smaller boy's hand, rubbing circles in with his thumb. "You're so fucking perfect.." Clay whispered, "I really can't wait to spend more days with you. It'll be you and me against the world." Clay paused for a minute, listening closely to George's breath. "I really hope we can get this Michelle and Tyson thing sorted out. I just want it to be over with, it's making us all stressed right now.. You don't deserve this, George. You don't." With that, Clay got up and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him once more.

"The Gogs is sorted out." Clay smiled, waltzing over to his friends. "Ah, he must be very tired," Bad mumbled. "Zak and Bad have been telling us about all the tea," Karl smirked suspiciously. "Uh.. What 'tea'?" Clay asked, confused. "Between all the relationships!~" Clay started to redden, then Karl and Nick burst out with laughter. "Oh shut up." Clay slumped down on the couch, crossing his arms. "So, how have things been with you and Nick?" Clay asked Karl. "Hm, good so far. Nick snores loudly though." Karl answered. "I do not!" Nick argued. "You do! You're like: 'SNOORRREE'" Karl argued back. "Caught it 4K!" Zak laughed. The rest started to join in, except for Nick. But something stopped their laughter, the sound of glass shattering, then a muffled scream.. The room fell silent for a moment. Clay looked over his shoulder at the bedroom door. It felt like time slowed down, he felt his body push him off the couch, then time seemed to resume. "GEORGE!?" Clay panicked, slamming the door open and looking at the bed. There were ruffled, white sheets, and no sign of George. "God DAMMIT!" Clay screamed, banging his fist on the wall. The rest rushed in. "What's wrong!? Where's George?!" Nick screamed. Clay looked at the broken window. He walked over to see a dark car driving away. "GEORGE!" Clay screamed, jumping out the window, climbing down cautiously, and hurting his ankle with the final drop. "G-George!!" Clay sobbed. The rest rushed down the stairs, then outside to Clay, who was kneeling down in the green grass. "Get in the car!" Nick shouted, unlocking his rented car. Everyone climbed in, squishing together. With that, Nick stepped on the gas, speeding behind the other car. Clay felt a sudden wave of deja vu, he had felt this feeling before, it wasn't good. Once again, George had slipped out of his grasp. He felt his hot tears stream down his face, he didn't make noise, he just cried. Bad and Zak comforted him in the back seat, "Don't worry, Clay.. George will be fine.!" Bad whispered, patting his back. "No matter how far they go, no matter the route, we're getting George." Nick began grinding his teeth out of anger. "We've got a full tank, we should be good?" Karl pointed out. "Why do bad things always happen to good people.." Bad frowned, starting to tear up a little. Zak reached for Bad's hand, holding it in a tight grip. "It's okay, he'll be okay." Zak kissed Bad's cheek, assuring everything would be alright.

It was about midday, the gang had been chasing the car for 17 long hours, losing it a few times. "WHEN'S THIS CAR GONNA STOP!? WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF GAS!" Karl screamed, tired and frustrated. Nick yawned, "It's okay.. I know where we are.. and I'm pretty sure I know where they're going." Nick rubbed his eyes. "You do?" Karl tilted his head, confused. "Remember the part when Clay told you about that tall building? The one with George?" Nick asked. "Oh.." Karl gulped. The brunette had been helping Nick out with the driving, taking turns during red lights. The rest slept in the back, hoping to reach their destination safely. "Nick.. When this is all over, we should get some ice cream." Karl whispered, slouching further down in the seat. Nick looked at Karl confused. "Uh. Of course, Karl." Nick agreed. "Yeah.. Ice cream, painting nails, maybe some Minecraft, just us." Karl lightly smiled, blushing a bit. "That sounds sweet.." Nick smirked, keeping his eyes on the vehicle. "Why George though?" Karl asked, still confused about everything. "Money, easy target.. You know, Tyson brought up a point. Everything's about money these days. The first pinpoint to a problem is normally about money. It's so stupid, isn't it? The world revolves around a piece of paper." Nick mumbled. "What about Michelle? What does she want, again?" Karl inquired. "She wants Clay. Old high school crushes. But he ain't straight. Now, he's a bendy ruler, so she's pissed off." Nick giggled for a short period.

"These people suck." Karl crossed his arms and looked out the passenger window.
"No shit, Sherlock." Nick rolled his eyes.
"Language.." Bad whispered softly.
Karl and Nick looked at each other for a second, holding in their giggles.
The car went dead silent after that, still driving after the car..

(1534 words :') [sorry its been a while, ive been sickish with no motivation. excuse the mistakes ;-;] hello! :D this was made to be a short, little chapter to see where we're all at right now :) also, Karl has been added to the storyline!! he was quite highly requested lol. the next chapter will be long and angsty :( [sozz if you dont like the angst :<] but anyway, thank you for everything! i hope you have a wonderful day/night! take care of yourself pls <3 ps, the next chapter will take a while to be posted :(..)