"You look nice when you smile."

A few weeks had past with you and Bucky barely talking. It was always so awkward. You tried to leave as much as possible making up random excuses to leave the house. He mostly just sat on the couch either watching tv or just staring out your big window.

It was another usual awkward day at the apartment until Bucky came up to you while you were drinking your morning coffee at the kitchen table.
"Y/N," he said sitting down in front of you.
"Mhm?" You traced the rim of your coffee cup.
"Can we go somewhere?"
You looked up at him with widened eyes.
"I mean as in out. Outside. I've been stuck here for three weeks."
"Well first of all there's a reason for that. People are literally looking for you and half of them want you dead and the other half of them want to turn you back into a killing machine." You took a sip of your coffee. "No offense."

He looked down at the table.
"I mean we could go to the park," you groaned. This could go two ways. Either really wrong or really right, there's no in between.
"Please." He said giving you unintentional puppy dog eyes.

"Fine,fine, Barnes," you rolled your eyes "But we're gonna have to do something about that," you pointed to his metal arm. "I can wear a hoodie. People don't tend to notice that my palm is metal."
You couldn't believe you were doing this. Steve would probably kill you.
"Alright then you go change. Be ready in 5." You said getting up.

You came out of your room with a ready to go Barnes sitting on the couch, staring at the window per usual.
"Cmon Barnes let's go."
"You know you can call me Bucky." He said.

You got into your car.Bucky sat at the back.
"We can go about this in two ways. You either pull your hood over or you wear this cap." You handed him a black cap.
"I'll wear the cap." He said putting it on.

You arrived at the park.

You got out of the car and opened the door for Bucky. "Please madam." You said motioning for him to get out of the car. He didn't even laugh. No. He didn't even smile at your joke. God he was so boring.

"Do you want hot chocolate or tea?" You asked pointed to the back of you.
"No. I just want to go for a stroll."
Jesus. So boring.

You were taking a slow stroll across the park, you listened to music while Bucky looked around.
Finally you gave up taking out your earphones.
"Barnes why are you so boring?" You asked.
"I'm not boring," he said giving you a dry laugh.
"Yes you are. You're like a grandpa." You said knitting your eyebrows. Oh damn. He was a grandpa, he was like 100 years old.

He saw you realize what you had just said and almost laughed. Almost. It was like he laughed,just a little, but no sound came out.
"It's fine." He said turning to you "We just have different interests I guess."
"Barnes, what are your interests besides staring out my bloody window. You know it's not a prison there, back at my place. You could literally do anything you want,just indoors." You said.

"Well I like to read."
"That's very boring." You looked at him.
He looked back at you. He sighed.
"BUT, lucky for you I'm nice and I'm willing to buy you a couple of books from a bookshop next to my house. I'd advise you to pick something more modern, so you can catch up on everything you missed." You giggled.
He gave you a smile. SMILE. It wasn't one of those forced smiles, he ACTUALLY SMILED.

"You look nice when you smile," you said a little surprised. "You should do it more often."
"Really?" He said.
"Yep. But I mean people who smile the least have the prettiest smiles."
"You smile a lot and yours is still pretty." He said putting his hands in his pockets.
"Ugh shut up Barnes," you pushed his shoulder.

You walked a little more in silence.
"Hey Barnes,"
"Mm?"
"We're you scared of going to war?" You always wanted to ask someone that. Someone who actually went to war, not including Steve.
"I can't really remember. But I remember I was pretty prepared. I knew how to fight. And I was pretty good at shooting."

"Oh my god." You said.
"What!? What happened?" He panicked.
"We should totally go to the shooting range!"
"What!?"
"No no like a fake a shooting range. You shoot at little statues of figures that move around!" You tried to explain.
"The what now?" He was completely confused.

"Alright cmon." You grabbed his hand and led him to the attraction area that was in the center of the park.
"Look," you said pointing to a little stand "it's something like that."

You and Bucky came over to the stand. On the table lay three guns. Two of them were hand guns and the other one was similar to a rifle.
You threw in the coins for the rifle looking gun. "Cmon Barnes win me something" you said looking at him.
"If I shoot all five times will you stop calling me Barnes?" He said observing the fake gun.
"Only if you make all five." You smirked.

He picked up the gun.
"This is nothing like the real thing," he said feeling it's in his hand."
"Haha he's just kidding," you said turning to the lady on the opposite side of the table.
"Barnes!" You whispered poking him in the ribs.
"Ow." He jolted.

"Cmon," you said.
"Sh don't hurry me." The woman pressed the start button and the little figures with red bullseye circles.