"Perfect for a virtual cooking class."

You came back from a near by grocery store with some food.
"I'm back!" You yelled.
"Welcome back!" Bucky yelled back. You put down the bags and tip toed to his room peeking from behind the door frame. He was leant against the bed frame reading a book with his legs crossed. "Look at you all nice and cozy." You said grinning. He lifted his eyes giving you a genuine smile "Well it's nice to have some peace after trying to kill everyone around you." Bucky admitted.
"I bought ingredients for some pancakes," you said leaning on the door frame.

"Me and Sam are planning to video chat while making them. He said he'll teach me how to make them properly. Wanna join?" You suggested. Bucky tensed up a bit.
"Cmon, Sam said he'll force Steve to make them with him and I don't wanna be alone." You grinned.
"Alright," Bucky gave in closing his book and placing it on the bedside table.

You laid out the ingredients and dialed Sam's number.
"Hey YYY/NNN," Sam smiled. "Nice to finally see you again."
"Hello Y/N. Hey Buck." Steve popped up from behind him. You laughed "Hi Steve."
Bucky gave a little wave. Sam placed his phone on the counter horizontally, and you did the same, making sure the phone was nice and set and that it wouldn't fall while you were cooking.

"Sam you got an apron?" You said noticing something around Sam. He nodded proudly.
"He really went over the top." Steve said beside him.
"Clearly." You agreed. Bucky just chuckled next to you. "Perfect for a virtual cooking class." He said.
"Alrighty," Sam began his 'lesson'. "It all starts with the batter. Too thick, and they will be gluggy and undercooked on the inside. Too runny, and the pancakes will spread out and won't fluff up."

The first step was to preheat the pan. Once it was hot, you were supposed to turn the heat to low medium.
"Grease the pan with a small amount of butter." Sam instructed.
"Bucky pass me the butter." You said. Bucky reached for it and threw it to you, you caught it.
"Good catch." He smirked. You rolled your eyes.

"Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to pour your batter so you get perfect, evenly sized pancakes. Start pouring from the middle, then continue pouring slowly in a circular motion so that the batter spreads into perfect round shapes." Sam said with Steve next to him looking clueless as ever.
"Why is he being so detailed?" Bucky whispered.
"Because he knows I have no clue what I'm doing." You whispered back.

"Allow the pancakes to cook properly! Don't rush them on high heat, or flip them too early. Let that under-side cook to a beautiful golden brown colour, and when bubbles start forming on top and around the surface, they are ready to flip." Sam swiftly flipped the pancake with a satisfying flop. You took the spatula and you were just about to flip the pancake when Bucky stopped you. "Wait. You got shaky hands let me."
You furrowed your eyebrows, shaky hands?
"Alright then please," you handed him the spatula offended.

You were honestly expecting Bucky to totally fail but no. He smoothly moved his wrist and got the pancake to perfectly land in the middle of the pan. He handed the spatula back to you like it was nothing. You stood there pretty shocked. Sam stared through the screen, eyes wide.
"And since when do I have shaky hands?" You turned to Bucky.
"Your punches were a bit wonky." He whispered smirking.

You were finally done with the whole process, you did manage to flip some pancakes, but they weren't as perfect as Bucky's and it pissed you off because it meant that he was right, your hands were shaky and that wasn't a good thing for a fighter. You ended the call with Steve and Sam saying bye. You washed the dirty pan and bowls and put them away. You put the plate of pancakes on the table and got put two plates and some maple syrup.

"These are nice," you chewed tasting the sweet batter in your mouth covered in maple syrup.
"They are pretty nice, but my ma made better ones when I was a kid." Bucky said chewing.
"Your ma?" You repeated.
"Yeah, my mother."
He remembered something from his late past this was great! You had to get him to talk about it as much as possible.
"Was she a good cook?" You tried to continue the conversation as casually as possible.

Bucky nodded. "She was a great woman. Kind and big hearted and beautiful."
You took another bite of the pancake "Did you spend a lot of time with her?"
"When I was young. We would..." he paused. He took a breathe "We would-" he knitted his eyebrows. "I don't remember."
"It's alright Bucky. This is great you're beginning to remember you past past." You beamed.
"Yeah, I guess you're right." He sighed. As great as it was, that he remembered, he was sad that he couldn't remember the rest.