"Im not letting you wear black swim shorts at San Francisco."

You were woken up by a loud knock on the door. You turned to your side to look at the alarm clock that was next to your bed. 4:35pm.

"Y/N!" You heard Bucky's voice from behind the door. He knocked again.
"WHAT!?" You yelled back.
"What are you doing?"
"Well I WAS sleeping! What do you want?" You almost roared.
"Can we do something?" Bucky said in a less louder voice. You let out a loud groan and got out of bed.
You opened the door meeting Bucky face to face. Your face was inches away from his.
"What do you want me to do?" You said.
"Well there are actually a lot of things I would want you to-"
"BARNES!" You pushed him. He laughed like a bloody kid.

"Unbelievable. Is this how you're gonna be the whole time?" You said. He looked at you biting his lip to suppress laughter. You rolled your eyes and walked to the living room sitting down on the couch.

"If you want to do something you could go swimming," you pointed outside to the beach.
"But I can only go at around night so people don't see me. Plus I don't have a swimming suit." He said. Your jaw dropped, almost hitting the floor.
"I told you five times to a pack a goddam swim suit Barnes!"
"What can I do if I don't have one?" He sat down next to you. Well you GET one.

"Well let's get you some swim shorts then. There are a bunch of little stands along the beach that sell cheap swimming suits and stuff." You suggested.
"Yeah but-"
"Barnes the people at the beach won't recognize you, trust me." You interrupted him.
"Alright." He nodded.

You were ready to go out when you realized that Bucky's metal arm was showing. You got used to it already, but the people from outside would probably react differently. "Barnes your gonna have to put on a long sleeved shirt and a glove." You said looking at him.
"Right," he sighed walking back to his room.

He came out with a white dress shirt that had little boats on it and on his left hand he wore a glove.
"That's better, alright let's go."

You made it to the beach passing a lot of different bamboo stalls that sold food, souvenirs and clothes. You finally found a little hut that sold stuff for swimming. It had goggles, diving masks, flip flops, sunglasses, hats and of course swimming suits.

"Hello," you heard a voice from behind you "Could I help you with anything?" You turned around and saw an old man in a beach shirt. His face was a dark brown color and he had a lot of wrinkles, probably from the sun.
"Yes, hello, we'd like to get some swim shorts." You looked at Bucky who was standing there awkwardly. It was pretty awkward. You felt like a mom buying their kid swimming shorts for the beach.

"Yes, of course here," he motioned to the right section of the stall where there were swimming suits hanging from the wall. "The changing room is here," he said opening a bamboo door.
"Thankyou. We'll look around for now," you said smiling.
"Sure, sure," the man said going back behind the stall.

"So," you turned to Bucky, who was a little red "Pick a pair and try them."
He looked around a little lost.
"Cmon," you nudged him "I'll help you. Whats your favorite color?"
"I don't know, I like black,"
"Barnes please! I'm not letting you wear black swim shorts at San Francisco, that's like committing a crime."
"Well I've already done that," he shrugged.
"I-I didn't mean it like that," your eyes widened. What the fuck. Who even says that.

"It's fine don't worry about it. I know what you mean," he smiled. Yeah no shit.
"Oookaay," you scratched the back of your head awkwardly . "You'd look good in white or light blue." You said giving him two pairs of swim shorts. "Ok go try em on." You said pushing him into the changing room.

Minutes later you heard Bucky's voice from the changing room. "I don't like them!"
"Show me," you said.
"I can't my arm," For hells sake. This really was like going shopping with a five year old.
You knocked on the changing room door. "Open."
Bucky opened the door and you came in. The changing room wasn't that small so there was enough space for the two of you.

Bucky stood there shirtless and awkward, as per usual and looked at you. The shorts were about up to his knee and he was wearing the light blue ones. You tried your very best not to look at his...upper stomach...
"What don't you like about?" You asked trying to maintain eye contact.
"I dunno they look weird," he said looking down.
"Yeah well they look great. Plus it doesn't really matter since I'll only see you in them and these really help you out," you poked him in the stomach.
"Ow," he laughed.
"Cmon Barnes take em off. We're definitely getting them," you said walking out of the changing room.

After buying Bucky his swim shorts you both headed back to your little house. You would've loved to go to the beach right now, or maybe even a restaurant, but you didn't want to leave Bucky alone. Plus you promised Steve you wouldn't leave him and you didn't want to break your promise.

You and Bucky sat on the big, beige couch in the living room figuring out what you wanted to do for the rest of the evening.
"Well I suggest we go to a restaurant. You know the ones right next to the sea, those are so cool." You said showing pictures of a nearby restaurant.
"Looks nice." Bucky said glancing at your phone.
"I can make a reservation. Wanna go?"
"Yeah sure," he shrugged.
You made a reservation for 6:30pm, for a spot that was on the beach, furthest away from the peoply area, just in case anyone was to recognize Bucky.

"After that we can go swimming just outside," you said putting your phone away and looking through the window.
"Sounds like a plan."