"So when are we leaving?"

You, Bucky and Sam sat in the kitchen with the lights turned off.
"Me and Steve were sent to the shield headquarters where Nick talked to us. We somehow convinced him we haven't seen Barnes and that after we caught em he had managed to escape. He also asked where you were," Sam said pointing to you. "We told him we don't know and that you're probably trying to find Barnes."
"Where's Steve now?" You asked.
"Steve's at home. It's risky for us to be seen together at the moment, but I mean it's to risky for that guy to be seen at all and he's here chillin." Sam looked at Bucky.

"Well as interesting as this all is," you stretched "I've definitely missed your bed Sam," you winked.
"Yeah go ahead, but change into your spare clothes. They're in the bottom drawer."
"Thanks Sam," you stood up and walked to his room "Oh and also," you turned around walking backwards "Let Barnes stay please."
"Aight I know." He rolled his eyes.

You decided to take a quick shower before going to bed.

You put on your pajamas and plopped on Sam's bed pulling the covers over yourself.
"Peace at last," you whispered to yourself. How you missed this bed, it was so warm and comfortable with the silky covers. You immediately fell asleep as soon as your head touched the pillow.

You woke up in the middle of the night. Sam was snoring next to you. "Wilson shut up," you pushed him. He only groaned and turned onto his side. Damn him. Sam was always a snorer. You got up from the bed and went to the kitchen to get yourself a cup of water. As you walked to the kitchen you saw Bucky sitting on the couch looking outside the window with the covers around his shoulders.

You poured yourself a cup of water.
He turned around. "Y/N?" He whispered squinting to try and see if it was you or not.
"Who the hell is Y/N?," you put the cup down into the sink. "I'm a hydra agent that's gonna take you," you tried to slowly walk over to Bucky imitating a soldier. "I will take you and..." you paused "AND KILL YOU!" You jumped on top of him.
He caught you holding you tightly. You laughed.
"Sshhh, Sam will here us," Bucky whispered laughing.

You lay on Bucky's chest still giggling like a little kid.
He lay on his back laughing at you.
"You're such a kid Y/N," he said.
"Oh well we're all kids deep down," you smiled.
He smiled. You just laid there for a bit in silence enjoying the little moment.

It was at this moment you realized you had a soft spot for Barnes. When you were around him you felt safe. And no it wasn't because he was a super soldier with a metal arm, but because you could feel that he cared for you too. When you were with him you had this cozy feeling that you just couldn't explain.

You sat up still on top of him. You looked down at him, he looked you in the eye. Such pretty eyes. Blue like the Atlantic. "What?" He laughed.
"Nothing," you smiled getting off of him.
"Goodnight Barnes," you said walking back to Sams room. He sat up following you with his gaze. "Don't let the shield agents bite." You winked closing the bedroom door behind you.

You woke up again, but this time in the morning and without Sam next to you. Your rubbed your eyes feeling extremely tired. You got up and went to the bathroom to wash your face and tie up your hair.

You walked out of Sam's room.
You walked into the kitchen. Sam, Bucky and Steve were there.
"Oh my go Steve!" You said.
"Hey how are you? Are you feeling alright? Buck told me you guys stayed at a motel for a couple of nights. "Yeah we did," you nodded. "So what are you doing here?"
"Me and Sam have been talking," Steve looked at Sam "And we both agree that Bucky should leave the city with someone. I've got a friend who can help get Buck out of the Washington into another place."
Sam nodded. "And at first we couldn't figure out if we wanted to let Barnes go alone or with one of us."
"But we then figured that it'd be best if someone went with him," Steve continued.
"So?" You asked "Who's going?"

"You," Sam and Steve said in unison.
"What!?" You exclaimed "I can't leave D.C." you said protesting. "I think it's a terrible idea for me to go with him."
"Cmon Y/N," said Sam. "You've been through so much with him now."
"Steve's been through more," you pointed out.
"Yeah I know, I know," he sighed "But I definitely can't leave. Tony or Nick will definitely figure out that I'm with him. And it'll be just a matter of time until they track me down." Steve said.

You looked at Bucky who was just sitting down and observing the whole situation.
"Anything you wanna say Barnes?" You looked at him in disbelief. He opened his mouth to say something but Sam interrupted him. "Cmon Y/N we can both see he's grown to like you. If he didn't you'd be dead by now." Sam turned to look at Bucky "No offense man."
Bucky just sat there staring at Sam.

I mean okay it's true. You did like spending time with Bucky. BUT TO LEAVE D.C.!? No way José! This was your home, plus Sam was here and you knew you wouldn't last a week without Sam.
"I can't leave D.C." you said with a sigh.
"Pleas Y/N," Steve begged "It will literally be for a week no more. I promise. Just until the whole search for Bucky quietens down."
"Only for a week?" You asked.
"One week," Steve nodded.
"Where are we going?"
"California."
"CALIFORNIA!?" You coughed.
"San Francisco."

"You never said we'd be staying in California Rogers! Oh I'm so in," you said.
"I told you she'd say yes," Sam smiled.
"But remember Y/N Bucky can't be in places that have a lot of people." Steve reminded you.
"Well yeah that's Barnes. I'm not being searched for."
"Well maybe try not to leave him," Steve said.
"Yeah yeah ok." You rolled your eyes.

"So when are we leaving?" Bucky asked.