"Cut the crap Y/N."

Tomorrow was Halloween and Sam was adding the final touches to the front yard and house while you and Steve picked out the movies.
"Where's Corpse Bride?" You asked rummaging in the disc drawers. "We definitely had it."
"Here I found it," Steve said holding up the disk.
You put it to the side and began searching for the next one.

"Hey guys did anyone see the grave I bought yesterday?" Sam popped in.
"Yeah it's in the second kitchen drawer, the very left big one." You said.
After getting everything sorted out and ready for tomorrow you stayed in you room and watched a movie on you lap top, occasionally checking your phone out of boredom.
At around 2am you finished the final episode of 'Fresh Prince' and went to grab a cup of water before bed.

You saw the lights on in the kitchen.
"Guys what are you doing still up?" You said noticing Sam and Steve. You must've given Sam a jump scare because he literally jumped up.
"I just couldn't sleep," Steve said.
"And Sam?" You looked at him.
"I Uh me neither," he nodded.
"What are you doing up Y/N?"
"I came to get a glass of water. Happy Halloween by the way." You said looking at the time on the microwave.
"Happy Halloween," Sam repeated in an empty voice.

"Do you guys, have anything to tell me?" You sat down with them.
"Uh no, no," Sam looked at Steve shaking his head. "Only that Steve won't wear the blue wig."
You laughed "Imagine seeing Captain America in a Thing 2 costume."
"Actually I'm Thing 1," Steve chuckled.
"Who would've thought? Some Superheroes even celebrate Halloween." You smiled.
"I always celebrated Halloween." Steve said "Even back in the forties."

"With Bucky?" Those words slipped out. Steve looked up a bit surprised "Yeah. He once dressed up as Bilbo, from the hobbit. He was his favorite character," Steve said having little memories flashing and smiling in between them.
"He was always a nerd," you whispered grinning.

"Well I like to read."
"That's very boring." You looked at him.
He looked back at you. He sighed.
"BUT, lucky for you I'm nice and I'm willing to buy you a couple of books from a bookshop next to my house. I'd advise you to pick something more modern, so you can catch up on everything you missed." You giggled.
He gave you a smile. SMILE. It wasn't one of those forced smiles, he ACTUALLY SMILED.

"Hey Y/N you ok?" Sam said snapping you out of your memories.
You looked up at him with wide eyes "Yes." You put on a fake smile "Yes why wouldn't I be? I'm going to head to bed though now," you did a fake yawn "I'm really tired."
Sam nodded smiling with the corner of his mouth "I expect to see you in your costume tomorrow Y/N, and this better be the last time I see you drinking water late at night. You'll be like a swollen tomato tomorrow." He called after you.
"Will do sir!" You did a little salute walking back to your room.

You closed the door letting out a sigh. You turned around and leaned on the door, sliding down onto the ground, hugging your knees.
You stared into the empty floor stuck in your thoughts.

He put his hands around you from behind and rested his chin on your head, small waves crashing against the both of you. He put his hands on your shoulders pulling you in closer. "I love you," he whispered almost like it was by accident. You beamed, "I love you too."
He smiled, only you didn't know it.

You nodded. "I love you Y/N." He kissed your forehead, bringing you into a one way hug. "Don't cry, please don't cry." He kept repeating while rubbing your back, almost like he was saying it to calm himself down.

"I probably won't see you in a while, and I probably won't be able to do this in front of Steve and Sam."
"Do what?" Bucky looked at you confused.
"This," you kissed him. The kiss was hot and passionate and it definitely wasn't short. You let him fill your senses from taste to smell, you felt his lips against yours the feeling of them together was so right.
You broke the kiss, breathing in. "I love you."
You touched foreheads.
"I love you too."

A single tear fell onto your sweater, immediately getting absorbed by the thick fabric. You wiped your eyes sniffing. 'Cut the crap Y/N' you told your self standing up and walking over to your bed. You put away your laptop and changed into a shirt. Why wasn't Corpse Bride a real thing? With all the zombie parts in it.You got under the covers and shut your eyes. You felt so guilty for missing him, it felt so wrong. You had a great life, great boyfriend, great job. Someone out there would kill to have what you have right now.

But you were willing to give that all away just to look once more into his atlantic blue eyes...