"Because I'm not allowed to."

It's been a week since Halloween and today was the day when Steve and Sam were leaving for the mission in D.C.
You invited Wanda over, since she also wasn't part of the mission for some reason, which you found a little weird.

"Bye guys," you said leaning on the door frame.
You gave Steve a quick hug. "Take care of yourself while we're gone." Steve said.
"Will do Captain." You grinned saluting.
"See you in a bit kid," Sam gave you a very tight hug. "I promise I'll tell you everything once we're back," he whispered. You raised your eyebrows. He let go saying bye one last time and both of them left to the car that was waiting for them.

You waved, watching the car drive away.
As soon as you closed the house door you reached down to your pocket.
"They gone?" Said Wanda through the phone.
"They gone." You smirked.

In almost no time Wanda arrived.
"Hello!" She said excitedly embracing you.
"Hey," you chuckled hugging her back.
"Wanna watch some movies?" You asked.
"On the cooouuuch?" She sang.
"On the cooouuch." You sang back.
"Yess."
"You can leave your bag in my room." You motioned to your room. She nodded leaving to put her bag away.

You turned on your Tv.
"Hey Wanda!" You called out.
"Yes?" She answered.
"What movie?"
"How about Alice in Wonderland, I quite enjoyed it."
"Alright. When did you watch it?" You asked.
"It was the first movie me and Vision watched together, after the sit com," Wanda smiled looking to the side, remembering their first little date.
You grinned putting the movie on.
"Ice cream?" You suggested.
"Yes please." She beamed.

You came back with two vanilla ice creams. Sam always insisted on keeping some in the freezer, and you honesty loved the idea.
You were watching the movie and having small conversations in between moments.
"By the way I didn't see you at the Party last week. Did you stay with Paul? Go to his house or anything," she said hinting onto something.
"Uh no," you laughed awkwardly. "We um actually broke up."

"What?!" She choked on her ice cream.
"Yeah," you sighed.
"W-why didn't you tell me? What happened?"
"Well," you licked your ice cream. "At the party, he got drunk and ended up making out with a random chick. Or maybe she wasn't random. After that I just told him we're done and that I never wanna see him again, you know the typical break up stuff."
"What did he say?" She looked at you.
"Oh I don't know," you shrugged. "I just texted him then blocked him right after, and he's too much of a pussy to show up to my house knowing that I live with Captain America."

"Oh," she turned her head back to the Tv.
"Aren't you at least a little sad? You got over it so quickly."
"Well I was bummed at first, but it was obvious that we weren't meant to be. I never really felt a connection between the two of us, it was more of a," you paused.
"A distraction?" Wanda finished. You looked her in the eyes surprised, but then nodded.
"I'm sorry Y/N," she held your hand "I know you really loved him."
You thought she was referring to Bucky.
"Yes I did. With my whole heart, I was ready to kill everyone for him." You said.

She hummed nodding. "Who knew Paul would end up being such a jerk."
You furrowed your eyebrows. "Yeah, Paul." You whispered.
She faced the Tv screen watching the movie, letting go of your hand. You ate your ice cream deep in thought. Maybe you were never going to get over Bucky's death. Ever.

You blinked dragging your gaze over to the Tv screen. You couldn't wait for Sam to get back and tell you everything. Hopefully that would explain why you weren't invited to the mission. And why Steve was acting so weird. You remembered Sam's look when you turned to him in front of Steve telling him to tell you what was going on.
The absolute fear, no, terror in his dough eyes almost like he was being threatened. You nibbled on the cone instead of your nails.

Sam looked at Steve with scared eyes. You turned back around.

"Hey Wanda," you said suddenly.
"Yes?" She said.
"Why weren't you called in for the mission?"
"Oh uh," she swallowed. "Uh they didn't need me." She stammered.
"But they always need you." You said turning to her. She didn't reply.
"Wanda?" You said.
She turned looking at you "Maybe the mission isn't so dangerous."
"Then they'd call me." You said.
She laughed "That's not true."
"Why didn't they call you in?" You repeated in a stern voice. She swallowed.

"I told you-"
"The real reason, Wanda," you said.
She but her lip. "I can't tell you," she said softly.
Your eyes widened.

He sighed giving up the act. "Y/N I can't tell you."
"Why not!" You shouted.
"It's for your own good. It's better if you don't know." He said.
"W-what is it about? Is it something about Bucky?" You asked.

"Why?" You asked.
"Because I'm not allowed to." She said.
"And who's orders are those?"
Her eyes jumped around the room, avoiding yours.
"Wanda!"
"What Y/N!?" She shouted. "I can't! And I won't." She breathed.
"Alright fine, fine." You lifted your hands up in defense. You turned around facing the Tv pretending like nothing happened. You knew Steve was definitely part of the decision of not telling you, and soon you were going to find out why.