"Dont fucking touch her!"

{ Angel of Small Death and the Codeine Scene- Hozier}

KNOCK!

KNOCK!

KNOCK!

You jolted awake.

"Jesus," you whispered rubbing your face.
"Wha- Who's that?" Bucky woke up next to you.
"Not a clue. What time is it?" You groaned.

KNOCK!

KNOCK!

KNOCK!

"COMING! You yelled. "Pass me my phone."
You motioned. He searched for your phone in the dark and finally felt it giving it to you.
You tapped it. '2:47 am'.
"Oh god," you pulled yourself off the couch turning on the flashlight, walking over to the door.

"Where are you going?" Bucky called after you.
You didn't answer and just opened the door.
"Doll that's a bit dang-"
"Paul?" You exclaimed.
"Paul?" You heard Bucky from the living room.
"Y/N!" He smiled pulling you into a hug. You furrowed your eyebrows trying to process the situation.
"Uh hi?" You patted him on the back.

He let go breathing "Oh I am so happy to see you again. You have no idea."
He ran his fingers through his hair.
"A-are you ok Paul? It's really late shouldn't you be at home with your mom?"
"My moms dead." He said.
Your jaw dropped open. "I-I'm so sorry I didn't know I-"
"The funeral was yesterday. I called but you clearly blocked my number."

You felt your heartbeat rise.
"But it's okay!" He said loudly "It's ok I'm not mad. You're the only thing I have left and I won't let anything happen to you," he leaned into another hug. Only then did you feel the harsh smell of alcohol hit you.
"Paul are you drunk?" You pulled out of the hug to look at him.

"Me? Drunk? That's absurd. I just, just," he paused and looked down. After a few seconds of silence he looked up with a different expression on his face "Hey where's Captain America?" He smiled.
"Paul I think you should go home. Do you want me to call-"
"No! I wanna stay here with you!" He shouted.

"What's going on?" Bucky walked up beside you.
"Noth-"
"Who's this?" Paul asked looking at Bucky from head to toe.
"I-Uh this, this is Bucky." You said.
"The dead guy from 2 years ago?" He chuckled.
You gave Bucky a worried glance.

Suddenly Paul broke into loud laughter. "Yeah nice one Y/N, I actually believed you for a second."
There was silence between you and Bucky, as you looked at Paul with indescribable facial expressions.
"Wait seriously?" He finished laughing with his smile slightly fading. "Nah you guys are fucking with me. Y/N I know you love me, you know I get it, I get it you too were sad after the break up and had to sort of rebound yourself. But you don't need him anymore I'm back and I forgive you for leaving me."

He forgave you? Now that pissed you off a little. Did he forget that he was the one who was making out with a random stranger at the Halloween party? Did he need a mental refresher?

"Paul you really should leave." You said. He just shook his head aggressively "No Y/N you belong with me, besides I know too much about you. I know all about the Avengers and that you live here with Captain America." He sneered.
He was right. He did know too much. So much for trust and dating.

"Hey, man I think you should leave. You're clearly going through something how about you come back sober on another day." Bucky said putting his flesh hand on your shoulder.
"Don't fucking touch her!" Paul stepped forward swinging his hand.

It all happened way too quickly for your half asleep brain, but the next thing you knew was Paul crouching down and holding his hand whining like an injured dog. You looked up at Bucky, he had a thin trail of blood running down his cheek. Paul's rings. Paul wore a lot of them and one must've cut Bucky.
Bucky was chewing on the side of his mouth with his eyebrows furrowed.

You kneeled down next to Paul taking his hand "For fucks sake Hart what are you doing," you cursed. His hand didn't look broken, worst case minor twisting in his wrist. "Get up," you ordered pulling him behind you into the kitchen. You grabbed the bandages from the bottom drawer and an ice pack from the freezer. "Sit down," you pulled the bar chair out for him and made him sit. He whimpered and hissed in pain. You attached the ice to his wrist area and told him to not move.

You went back into the living room.
"Bucky?" You looked around "Bucky?"
"What?" He appeared behind you.
"Come here," you took his metal hand and dragged him back into the kitchen. You switched on the lights. Paul was laying face forward onto the table whining. You got out a plaster and some peroxide witch cotton swabs.

You wiped the blood off of Bucky's cheek and carefully stuck the plaster on. While you were doing all of this Bucky was staring at Paul with dark eyes.
"There," you whispered straitening out the sticky part of the plaster on Bucky's cheek.
"I can't let him drive home by himself." You looked up at Bucky. "He's going to have to stay the night."

Bucky looked you in the eyes nodding.
"Just wait for me in the living room while I sort him out alright?" You glanced at Paul who was dramatically dying on the counter.
Bucky nodded leaving you and Paul in the kitchen.