"Gone?

You waited for what seemed forever, until the door finally opened with a face you definitely weren't expecting to see next to Tony's, it was Steve. He looked sad. Very sad.
At first you were happy to see him, but that was before you noticed his expression, and Tony's.
"W-what's wrong?" You said.
"Steve where's Barnes?" Sam said knitting his eyebrows.

"Y/N I'm sorry," Tony said.
"Sorry? F-for what?" You looked at the both of them completely confused.
"Y/N Bucky's gone." Steve stepped forward.
"Gone?" You furrowed your eyebrows. "Like as in he left or as in dead." You breathed.
Steve nodded not wanting to say it.
At that exact moment you felt this feeling like someone grabbed your throat and pulled out your insides, you've never felt anything like it before it was indescribable. Your breathing hitched and your heart beat raced.

It was if time stopped. Everything began moving in slow motion. Words echoed in your head and flashbacks with you and Bucky filled your brain.

"Ok," you sighed "Bucky." You said.
"Don't call me that." He said lifelessly without looking up at you.
"Tell me your full name." You rolled your eyes.
"James Buchanan Barnes."

You turned around. You looked at him from head to toe. The sweatpants hung loosely on his waist and the shirt was a little tight. "How are the clothes?" You asked.
"Great." He said.
"Good. Now tie the string on your sweats."

"You look nice when you smile," you said a little surprised. "You should do it more often."
"Really?" He said.
"Yep. But I mean people who smile the least have the prettiest smiles."
"You smile a lot and yours is still pretty." He said putting his hands in his pockets.
"Ugh shut up Barnes," you pushed his shoulder.

He looked ethereal.

"Com'ere," you smiled. He looked at you and then moved a little closer. "Turn your head around," you said. You took out a hairband out from your back pocket and braided his hair into a little bun. "Ok done." You said.

He scrunched his nose and then smiled. His smile was so pure. You couldn't help but stare in awe. "What?" He said tucking a strand of hair behind his ear. "Nothing." You replied.

"It doesn't represent your name it represents you." He grinned.
"So I'm lovely?" You said walking over to your car and opening it.
"Exactly."
"Damn Barnes, you always got me blushing."

You leaned your head on the window staring at Bucky. He smirked. "What?" He said.
"Nothinggg," you said sarcastically "Just admiring your beautiful eyes Barnes," you laughed. He tilted his head to the side lightly smiling.

"It's nice swimming at night isn't it?" Bucky said, you could hear the smile in his voice.
"Depends who you're with," you said lifting your head up.
"Do you think it's nice?" He said looking at you.
You pressed your cheek against his. "Very," you said hugging him tighter.
He chuckled screwing one eye.

"You alright?" He said turning to you.
You didn't answer.
"Look I'm sorry about earlier I didn't-"
He was interrupted by your lips crashing against his.

"How old are you again?" You chuckled.
"Ninety eight," he whispered also laughing a little.
"Oh god," you groaned into his neck.

Your first kiss, you smiled remembering it.
"Y/N? Y/N?" You were brought back to reality by Steve's voice.
Sam hugged you from the side "It's alright," he whispered.
"No, no." You disagreed "How? I don't believe it." You shook your head.
It was Tony's turn to speak. "I sent Fury to get Rogers and Barnes. They were supposed to take Barnes away I swear to you. But Fury was with a shield agent who was also with hydra and he managed to get Barnes out of the prison-"
"Prison?" You interrupted him "Prison Tony? I trust you and you put him into prison?"

"It's the law Y/N. I had no choice, he is a fugitive."
"Was thanks to you," you said.
"He was supposed to go there but he was taken back to the hydra base. I was working with Fury and he tracked down another hydra agent and he lead us straight to their place. I um sent a team to possibly blow up the place. And um," he glanced at Steve.
"Bucky got there just in time for the explosion."

You ran your fingers through your hair.
"No." You whispered. "He isn't dead he can't be."
"Steve tell me he's lying, how did you get separated from him?" You said.
"With force," he looked at Stark. You looked at everyone's worried faces realizing that this wasn't a joke and all of this is for real. Technically you were supposed to realize that ages ago but you just couldn't process it properly.

Steve hugged you, stroking your back. "I'm sorry Y/N. I'm sorry."