"You know Barnes its ok to feel pain."

"Y/N... I think we have a problem."

You turned around.

Shit.

There were about six shield agents standing in-front of you in their all black costumes. They had a black helmet on, which made there face completely invisible, and in their hands they all held firearms.
You put your hands in the air and so did Bucky.

"You take left, and I take right," you whispered trying not to move you mouth.
"3,2,1...Go," you pulled out your gun from behind your back and started shooting. You shot two of them. One more to go. You could hear the screams and shouts of the other shield agents from behind you.

Since you gave your knife to Bucky you didn't have another one. The agent started shooting at you. You dodged most the bullets with some leaving grazes on your arms and ribs. You ran up to the agent elbowing his arm. Out of instinct his grip on the gun loosened and you grabbed it, hitting him with it on his right rib. He gave a cry and fell to the floor.

"Not bad," said Bucky running up to you lightly panting.
"Here," he threw you your knife. You caught it (by the handle) and tucked it back into your boot.
"Cmon Barnes we gotta hurry before more of them come." You started running.

You weren't exactly sure where you were going but it was definitely out of the city.
You and Bucky just ran to the north until you somehow ended up on a unfamiliar asphalt road that was in the middle of the forest.
"I think we can walk the rest of our way." You panted. You were EXHAUSTED. It was easy for him, he was a super soldier, he probably would've ran five times the speed if it wasn't for your slow ass.

"Y/N are you alright?" Bucky said looking at you a little worried.
"Oh yeah I'm fine just a little tired. You know from like running a mile in full speed," you said still panting like a horse.
"No I mean that," he said pointing to your arm.
You looked at your hand. It was a graze from a bullet. And it was pretty deep.

You were wearing a black shirt so the blood wasn't that visible, but it was visible enough to tell that the area around it was soaked in blood.
"Are you alright?" He said.
"Yeah it's fine, it's nothing it'll stop bleeding eventually." You continued walking.
You took out your phone. You opened 'maps' to see where the nearest gas station was. 5 km. Damn.

It had already felt like you and Bucky were walking forever.

"Well we'll be walking for another five kilometers," you said. "There's a gas station." You showed Bucky your phone. "We can get bandages there, for my arm. And for your fist." You said looking at Bucky's  right arm.  "That looks worse than my arm. Did you like punch them in their helmets. I mean first of all that's what helmets are for. And secondly why couldn't you have used your metal arm to do that?" You asked.

"I did use my metal arm," he scratched the back of his head.
"Alright, alright," you said "Show me your hand," you said holding out your hand.
"Why?"
"Just let me see,"
He hesitantly gave you his hand. You held it gently.
"Can you move your fingers?" You asked.
"Yeah." He said.
"Move them." You said carefully holding his wrist.

He clenched his hand into a fist. You didn't notice him wince the first time, but when he began unclenching his his hand his fingers shook. You looked at him. He was wincing.
"You know Barnes it's ok to feel pain." You said letting go of his hand.
"I know it is." He said in an annoyed tone.

And he called you dramatic. His ass just got mad after you found out his arm was hurting. What could be more dramatic than that!? You really wanted to just scream at him sometimes. Instead of screaming at him you just let out a heavy sigh.

After some time it started getting dark. The more you walked the more the pain in your arm increased. It started stinging so hard you thought you were going to literally die in the middle of nowhere on an unknown road.

You walked on the side of the road with about three cars passing you every 10 minutes. You thought all hope was lost and that you were actually going to die in the middle of nowhere when you saw a bright light in the distance.

The gas station. Thank lord.

"We're almost there Barnes," you said.
He looked up. "Finally," he said under his breathe.

You finally made it to the gas station and you entered the store. You went over to the first aid section. You grabbed a couple rolls of bandaids, plasters and two bottles of peroxide.
"Barnes get us some water will you?" You asked walking over to the checkout.

You were honestly worried that the cashier might recognized Bucky from the news, or she might notice that you and Bucky were covered in blood. But to your surprise the cashier didn't even lift her head up. She just scanned the items, put them in the bag and took the money. Then she went back to her previous position reading her fashion magazine.

Before leaving the store you asked her "How far is the nearest motel and what is it called?"
"There's one not far from here," she said without lifting her eyes up from the magazine "It's about half a kilometer away. No idea what it's called. It's cheap though."
"Thanks," you said closing the door behind you.

"Alright our plan," you said giving Bucky the bag. "We walk another half kilometer and we'll reach a motel. I took my credit card with me so we'll be able to pay. Can your hand manage?"
He nodded. "You know Y/N it's really nice of you to care about my hand." He said. "But really I'm fine. I heal way quicker than a normal person. You should be worried about yourself. I can see your in pain."

"Why would I need to be worried about myself when that's your job Barnes," you smiled.