"Cmon you know I'd never let you drown."

You were walking back home after your dinner when Bucky told you he really wanted to go swimming.
"Barnes it's kind of dangerous, it's really dark and the waves are pretty big." You said not wanting to go.
"Please Y/N, you know I can't go during the day with you." He put his arm around you, as you both walked, squeezing you closer to him. You put your hand on his back. "I'm not scared your going to drown, I'm scared I am," you said.

"Cmon you know I'd never let you drown," he rubbed your head.
"Heyy stop it," you laughed.
You walked along the shore with the sea kissing your ankles. And the lights from the center of San Francisco shimmering next to you. It was pretty romantic you had to admit. You felt safe with Bucky and you just hoped he did with you too.

You made it home at around 8pm. The first thing you did was you went to your room and changed into your swimming suit. It was a black two piece with thin strings that wrapped round your neck. You grabbed a towel and went out into the living room. Bucky was already there in the shorts that you bought him with a towel around his shoulders.
"Right, before we go I have some rules and a question." You said.

"Yes?" He said.

"First of all won't your arm like get rusty or whatever?" You asked.
"No." He answered without an explanation.
"Ok I have a couple of rules. Rule one no scaring me in the dark or I will end up hitting you. Rule two no play drowning me-"
"Y/N I wou-"
"I don't care Barnes just don't do it. And last rule no swimming off too far without me." You finished.
"Alright." He said.
"Also if I end up holding onto you like a baby most of the time don't complain. I told you already I'm terrified of going swimming at night."
"Got it," he smirked.
"Alright let's go."

You left you towels under a palm tree and walked towards the sea. Well you walked. Bucky ran like crazy.

By the time you made it to the water, he was already splashing and swimming. You giggled looking at him. He was adorable, like a little kid. It must've been depressing being imprisoned for 70 years going from one fight to another. You promised yourself that you would make his life a little better, that you would be there for him no matter what because he really needed it at least for a period of time.

Bucky interrupted your thoughts. Not a surprise anymore.
"Y/N, cmon let's go a little deeper," he splashed you.
"Alright Barnes but only a little," you swam after him.

"Ok this is enough," you said stopping. The water was up to your chest and you were on your tip toes. Bucky however stood normally and the water was only just reaching his chest. 'Well I'll be damned' you thought. You didn't know he was THAT much taller than you.

Bucky dove under the water and disappeared. You looked around trying to find him.
"Barnes?" You said. It was hard to see anything since it was dark as hell. Suddenly you felt something lift you up from under. You shrieked. You realized you were now on top of Bucky sitting in his shoulders.
"Barnes!" You exclaimed. "I don't want to break your neck," you said trying to get off.
"Relax you won't," he said holding you by your thighs so you won't slip.

You put your hands on top of his head and rested you chin on them. "I can work with this," you sighed happily.
He spun around making you laugh in amusement.
He then took you gently by your waist and got you back down. Instead of standing on your feet you clung onto Bucky burying your face into the crook of his neck. You did warn him though.He held you with one hand and paddled with the other. You had your hands around his neck hugging him.

"It's nice swimming at night isn't it?" Bucky said, you could hear the smile in his voice.
"Depends who your with," you said lifting your head up.
"Do you think it's nice?" He said looking at you.
You pressed your cheek against his. "Very," you said hugging him tighter.
He chuckled screwing one eye.

"Wanna go back? It's getting a little cold." Bucky asked.
"Yeah."