"I knew it!"

Sam and Steve both got separate rooms, Sam's room was next to you and Steve's room was next to Bucky's room. You felt a lot better knowing that Sam was close by.
You were laying in bed staring at the ceiling and trying to fall asleep. First you were too cold then you were to hot, you just couldn't put your mind to rest at all. You hopped out of bed knowing exactly what you were going to do.

"Hey Y/N," Sam opened the door. "Can't sleep?"
You nodded "I just can't believe that you guys are fine and I've been worrying my ass off for nothing."
Sam laughed "Yeah there was a little situation, you should come in." He opened the door wider.
"Thanks Saaam," you smiled. You sat down on the corner of his bed.
"So this is sort of embarrassing," he sat down beside you.

"I uh, was washing my hands and I put my phone on the edge of the sink, and I didn't dry my hands properly and when I picked up my phone I dropped it in the toilet. Just like last summer, and it broke." He scratched the back of his head.
A huge grin grew on your face "I knew it!" You bounced up and down. "I knew it!" You laughed.
He rolled his eyes suppressing a smile.
"You still haven't learned to dry your hands properly after washing them," you joked.
"Yes ha ha very funny," he said sarcastically.

"Why didn't you just fix it?" You asked.
"I did." He said.
" I meant like sooner Sam."
"Well we were in a motel that was in the middle of nowhere and we couldn't leave because it was a huge risk. I mean hydra's soldiers and the rest of Fury's people could be anywhere." Sam explained.
"So how'd you get it fixed?"
"On our way out we stopped at a little market that was also in the middle of nowhere, and they had a little tent with technology and the guy managed to get it working in minutes."
"Should've just put it in rice," you shrugged.

"You know that actually never works." Sam raised his eyebrows.
"Yes it does! You've just never tried it." You argued. He hummed. "And I never will, because it doesn't work."
"Yes it does." You repeated.
"Yeah alright forget it. If I ever end up trying it and it actually fixes my phone then I'll listen to you more."
You gave him a playful punch.
"Ouch." He chuckled.