"We should take a nice long break Barnes."

In the last 24 hours you and Bucky had managed to steal a car, get some food for the 'trip' and get out of town. You were driving, eyes stuck to the road. You were mad, scared and terrified. You were mad because Bucky was being a pain in the ass and that he was being so ungrateful, and you wanted your fighting to stop but it seemed to have been never ending. You were literally risking pretty much everything to save his life and he continues to say stupid stuff that's like totally unrelated most of the time. You were scared because you didn't want the pain in the ass taken away from you. And you were terrified because something might have happened to Sam and you couldn't risk losing him, that was also the reason why you were so mad and annoyed all the time.

'If I killed someone for you- Alec Benjamin' began playing on the car radio. You chewed on your lip listening to the lyrics of the song.
Would you turn me in
(Would you turn me in)
When they say I'm on the loose?
Would you hide me when
(Would you hide me when)
My face is on the news?
'Cause I killed someone for you...

You sighed screwing your eyes shut for like three seconds. It was getting dark and the nearest motel was in 55km according to your google maps. You drove in silence between the two of you and with a new song. 'Monster- Imagine dragons'. It was a much happier song compared to the previous one. Or so you thought. You know they say  'When you're happy you enjoy the music. When you're sad you understand the lyrics'. You never knew a saying that random could be so real in a situation.

If I told you what I was
Would you turn your back on me?
And if I seem dangerous
Would you be scared?
I get the feeling just because
Everything I touch isn't dark enough
If this problem lies in me
I'm only a man with a candle to guide me
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me
A monster, a monster
I've turned into a monster
A monst-

You switched off the radio. Very aggressively. Your grip tightened around the steering wheel, making your knuckles go white.
"Hey." He put his hand on yours. You blinked getting back to reality. You moved your hand away, making him move away his. He sighed looking out the window.

-

"Hello yes we'd like a room for two please." You said at the front desk.
"Oh we only have one bed rooms available," the lady said.
You glanced to the side seeing Bucky's face.
"Then we'd like two rooms please." You added.
The woman nodded taking out two keys and placing them onto the table.
"Also ma'am is there a vending machine here?" You asked. The woman nodded pointing to the stairs where the vending machine was.
"Thank you." You took one of the keys walking to your room.

Bucky grabbed the other key and hurried after you. "Y/N what is going on?" Bucky called.
"Nothing. Everything is great!" You threw your hands up in the air. He groaned "No it's not."
"Don't lie to me Y/N." He said quieter. You turned around seeing him in the dim light. "Stop lying to me." He shook his head.

"Wow you're saying it like I've been doing it a lot Barnes." You scoffed. He ran his fingers through his hair looking around not saying anything.
"Say something for fucks sake!" You shouted at him. He rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand. "You know what I think Barnes." You breathed. "I think we should take a break."
"No," he whispered.
"We should take a nice long break Barnes." You raised your voice. He looked away.
"Why?" He turned back. "Why?"
"Because," you began walking away.

"WHY!" He yelled.
"BECAUSE THIS WILL NEVER WORK OUT BARNES!" You cried out. You saw a sparkle slide down his cheek and that broke you. Completely and totally shattered you into pieces.
You breathed in quickly leaving to your room and slamming the door shut leaving him all alone in the dark.