"I thought you left."

You were woken up by a tight grip around your wrist. It was dark outside and the tv was off so you could barely see anything. It didn't take you long to realize that it was Bucky. He was turning from side to side breathing hardly through his gritted teeth.

For a second his grip on your wrist loosened and you managed to slip out your hand out. He was sweating like crazy. It was just like last time only this time it seemed a lot worse. You honestly didn't want to be anywhere near him right now. What if he hits you with his metal arm, your not a super soldier, it'd take ages for you to heal.

Despite your thoughts you still wanted to help him. Just like last time you put your hand on his head and started carefully waking him up. You tried to wake him up as cautiously as you could because you knew a nightmare for the person was his own reality and when you wake them up it takes time for them to realize that they're back. You didn't know what Bucky's nightmare was about, maybe he was fighting someone, that's exactly the reason why you didn't want to wake him up too suddenly, just in case he hurts you.

"Bucky," you whispered "Barnes," you shook him a little. Nothing. You put your hand on his shoulder. His real shoulder. You squeezed it in hope he would react. Nothing. He wasn't waking up. He then started shivering violently, like he was cold.

"For god sakes Barnes," you whispered to yourself. You moved closer to him and spooned him. You were so glad he wasn't awake, otherwise this would've been embarrassing. You pressed your chest against his back, making him the little spoon. Well he wasn't so little, he was actually really big and you could just about reach your hand over to grab his.

For you this was awkward. Really awkward. But it helped him, and that was kinda all that mattered.
You've never been "the big spoon" before. It was always you that was the "little one". 'I guess you try something new everyday you thought' drifting back to sleep.

You woke up in the morning with rays of sunshine on your face. You sat up rubbing your eyes. You turned around noticing that Bucky was still asleep. Thank god.

You decided you were going to take a shower.

After your shower you decided you were going to take a stroll outside. You put on your shirt and quietly left your room.

You took a stroll through the little guardians of the motel. It was foggy and pretty chilly even though it was around 10 am. You honestly left the room because of Bucky. You wanted to take a break from all the crazy stuff that was happening around you. Just about a month ago all of this would just seem like a bad dream. You tried clearing your mind, finding peace inside of you but all of your thoughts just led back to Sam and Bucky.

You were praying Sam was fine. If something happened to him you didn't know what you would do. Probably something violent. You walked around for another ten minutes and decided it was time for you to head back. Besides you were craving your morning coffee after not having any for three days.

When you got back to your room you slowly turned the door handle. It made a squeaky noise. You peeked in. Bucky was sitting on the bed facing the door.

"Good morning Barnes," you said closing the door behind you.
"Where'd you go?" He asked looking down at his hands.
"Just outside for a little stroll."
He looked up at you. "Why didn't you tell me?"
"You were asleep," you said taking your boots off.
"You still could've told me." He mumbled.

"Barnes I don't have to tell you where I'm going all the tim-"
"I thought you left." He interrupted you.
You put down your shoe. You sat down next to him on the edge of the bed and looked down.
"Barnes you're such an idiot." You said shaking your head. He looked at you. "First of all I would never do such a thing for several reasons. And secondly you know at night when you were having your nightmare I held you in my hands like a fucking baby. So no Barnes I wouldn't leave you."

He smiled and blushed a little.
"Alright stop it," you said laughing.
"Has Steve called?"
"No and Sam hasn't either," you sighed.