"Superhero secret."

You carelessly looked from left to right, spinning and rechecking everything you just walked passed when suddenly you bumped into someone with your back.
"Oh sorry," you said instinctively.
"Oh I'm so sorry," said a very familiar voice.

You turned around seeing Paul. He had a big smile glued onto his face.
"Happy Halloween honey," he chuckled.
"Hey Paul, shopping for candy too?" You said.
"Oh yes. My mom made me, it's her first Halloween after," he paused looking to the side, "After the accident."

Paul's mom, Ms.Hart, got into a bus accident. She suffered from amnesia and she forgot almost everything that happened.
"I'm sorry," you said.
"For what?" He smiled innocently. "She's heathy and she's slowly starting to remember things."
"Oh then that's great," you forced a smile.
"Yes it is. I really should get going though can't leave her alone for too long. I hope I'll see you at the party though," he kissed your cheek quickly before heading to the check out.

"Bye," you muttered.
One of the good things about dating Paul was that he wasn't super clingy. He probably loved his mother more than anyone and would spend his free time taking care of her. After he met you he would sometimes hire a nanny to look after his mom, just in case. He was really nice and caring, he'd always have your back in any situation. It was safe to say he loved you too, and you loved him too.

You bought a fair amount of candy and headed back home. You were greeted by Sam, who was dressed in a thing 2 costume.
"Where's the wig?" You laughed.
"I'll put it on later, I seem to be getting an allergic reaction from the hairs. Got me sneezing a lot." He said.
"I bought the cavity," you put the bag onto the counter.

"That's quite a lot." Steve said surprised.
"Yeah, the dentists will be thriving after Halloween. Like always." You said washing your hands.
You went back into your room and changed back into your wolf onesie.

It was around 6pm and the sun began setting. The knocks on the door began getting more frequent. At first Sam would open most of them but then he put you in charge. You had no choice but to obey. You rolled around on the couch scrolling through your phone waiting for the next knock, while Sam made dinner. He was making homemade pizza. Everything you ate at this point was made by Sam, he loved cooking.

If it wasn't made by Sam, you probably wouldn't eat it. Other than waiting for tricker treaters you did have other plans for Halloween. First of all you were going to a party that Paul had invited you to, it began at 11pm. Second of all you were invited to Tony's party, which you knew was going to be tons of fun, it started at 12pm.

Your thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the bell ringing. You grabbed the bowl of sweets and lazily opened the door.
"TRICK OR TREAT!" A group of voices yelled.
You looked down with an annoyed facial expression tossing some candy into 4 sacks.
You looked at the kids costumes and suddenly a smile appeared on your face. There were 4 kids dressed as Avengers. Or some, more like.
There was a little Iron man, a little Hawkeye, little Captain America and even a cute little Falcon. "You guys the avengers?" You asked smiling.

The kids nodded with big eyes.
"Thankyou!" They all said in unison. They were about to leave but you stopped them "Hey guys, wanna see something?"
The kids turned around nodding aggressively, curiosity filling their little faces.
"Wait a second." You ran to the kitchen.
"Sam, Steve, come see this." You said.
Sam took off his 'kiss the cook' apron and followed you with Steve behind him.
You kneeled down in front of the kids.

"I'm going to show you something but it's a secret alright?" You said. "A superhero secret."
"Pinky swear," little Captain America stuck out his pinky, you shook fingers with him.
"Pinky swear."
"Pinky swear."
"Pinky swear." They all said. You shook all their little pinkies and slowly opened the door.

You turned to Sam and Steve "Look."
Sam and Steve looked down seeing the little kids.
The kids' mouths fell open.
"Is that the real Captain America?" Little Iron man whispered.
Steve chuckled "In the flesh."
"And who's this?" Sam cooed kneeling down in front of little falcon.
The kid spread out his hands revealing little wings. You could've sworn Sam died for a second.
"Gimme a high five falcon," he stuck out his hand. Baby falcon gave Sam a high five.

"Ouch!" Sam said. "You got super strength kid?"
The kid giggled amused.
"Careful Sam, he's coming for your job." You joked. Sam rubbed the boys head standing up.
Sam was always good with kids, he had two nephews and he'd go visit them as much as he could all the time.
"Alright kids go save the world," you waved. "Remember this is a superhero secret," you whispered.
"Don't tell anyone," Steve smiled waving "The faith of America is in your hands."

The kids all nodded and ran to the next house. You closed the door and turned to Steve.
"Really?" You lifted your eyebrows.
"What?" He said.
"The faith of America is in your hands? Could you be any more extra?" You chuckled.
He shrugged grinning "Got carried away."

-

Your plan was to have dinner, go to Paul's party hang out there for about an hour, tell Paul you don't feel so well and leave to the Avengers tower for the real party.
Obviously you weren't going to wear the wolf onesie to both of the parties. You had a little vampire costume from last year, that you didn't get to wear. It consisted of a black leotard, some fishnet tights, black heels, and a little piece of black sheer fabric that hung over your shoulders. Plus the smudged lipstick and small fangs. Very basic but really...you didn't want to think about that word but it was definitely that word. 'S-Se-', no, no definitely not.