"We could make cookies."

"Hey lovebirds," said a familiar voice behind you. It was Sam.
You took your head off of Bucky's shoulder and stood up walking over to Sam. You took Sam by the hand and dragged him to his room and closed the door.

"What the hell Y/N?" Sam said in his usual loud voice.
"Sam!" You whispered, but shouted at the same time. "It is NOT what you think. Barnes has ptsd and parasomnia. He needs emotional support and affection right now, you help people like him you should know better."
"First of all," Sam began "I never knew he had parasomnia, but I was more than sure that he had ptsd. You know the Bucky Bucky had ptsd not the 'Ill kill you Bucky'. Secondly you guys look adorable together." Sam laughed.

"Sam, he's like 100 years old," you said.
"So? He's mentally like I don't know," he paused. "I'll ask Cap. Now if you'll just let me go please, Steve's waiting for me." Sam said opening the door and leaving. "Bye!" He said and closed the door.

You locked the door behind him.
"You alright?" You said turning to Bucky.
"You know the pros of being a super soldier is having really good hearing." He laugh inaudibly.
"Don't mind Sam. He's just being weird. You hungry or anything?" You asked.
"No I'm alright." He said.

"So since your still not allowed to go outside and since I'm stuck here with you, is there anything you want to do today?" You asked him.
"I don't know," Bucky shrugged.
You thought about something you both could do at home.

"I have an idea," you said smiling.
"All ears," he said.
"We could make cookies,"
"I'm terrible at cooking Y/N," he said shaking his head.
"All you have to do is just literally find a recipe online and follow it. You don't have to be Gordon Ramsey to bake some cookies Barnes."
"Who's Gordon Ramsey." He looked at you.
"He's a famous chef. With severe anger issues," you said.
"Well you definitely have the second one." He grinned.
"Bucky!" You gave a sarcastic gasp pushing his shoulder playfully.

Bucky grinned like the Cheshire Cat staring at you.
"What?" You said.
"Nothing," he shook his head still smiling.
"Wow Y/N called me Bucky," you said imitating him "Let's celebrate wooh!" You teased.
"Cmon let's go. Sam's got a big ass kitchen it'll be fun." You grabbed his hand and lead him to Sam's kitchen.

"Ok so," you opened your phone with the cookie recipe. "First of all we have to make the batter. Obviously." You looked at Bucky. Than at his hand. "You know that might be a problem," you said motioning to his hand. "The flour and the batter bight get stuck in between...the spaces? Whatever they're called."
He looked at his hand. "Maybe I could just. Not use it?"
"Or," you said putting your phone down and walking over to one of the kitchen drawers "Or, or, or," you pulled out a glove "You could wear this."
Bucky stared at the pink glove. You came over to him and slid it onto his metal hand. "There. Wonderful."

He moved his fingers around observing.
"Ok so," you continued reading "First of all we're gonna melt 1 cup of butter. Pass me the butter." You said pointing to the butter laying next to him. He slid it to you across the counter. You unwrapped it and cut just a little more than a half and put it into the bowl in-front of you. You then wrapped the rest, and handed it to Bucky. "Would you be so kind to put the butter back in the fridge, sir." You said dramatically placing it in his hand.

"Ma'am," he said taking it and putting it back in the fridge.
"Okay, next is a cup of brown sugar and a cup of white sugar followed by two eggs."

You added a cup of white and brown sugar and cracked two eggs. "Barnes can you mix this," you said handing him the bowl of unmixed ingredients and a spoon. He took it hesitantly. "I'll try find the vanilla extract. I know Sam has some, he always uses it to make pancakes."
You looked for the vanilla extract while Bucky slowly and very carefully mixed the batter.

After finding the vanilla extract you added it into the mix. "We need a teaspoon of baking soda, two teaspoons of hot water and half a teaspoon of salt." You looked at Bucky who was still mixing. He was doing it very slowly and carefully. Too slowly. Too carefully.

"Jesus Barnes relax your not gonna kill, just mix it like a normal person."
He looked at you innocently.
You immediately felt bad for being indelicate. "Uh never mind."

After adding the water, baking soda and salt it was time for the flour. "Now," you said putting on an apron "When using flour usually the process could go two ways. Either really good or really bad there's no in between. Now put on you apron."

You watched as Bucky struggled trying to figure out which string goes where and there the locket should go. "Jesus Barnes," you said walking over to him.
You flipped the apron the right way and walked behind him. You stood on your tippy toes trying to get the neck piece over his head but you couldn't reach. "Cmon Barnes can you kneel a little."
He did as you said.

You then tied the string behind his back. "There." You said. "Cant believe you've never put on a bloody apron. Even Steve has."

You opened the flour bag. "Ok you hold the bowl I'll pour in the flour." You said handing him the bowl. "Make sure to hold it above the table in case any of it spills."
He nodded.

You tilted the flour carefully, but none of it came out. You shook the bag a little and suddenly a lot came out at once. A white cloud of flour emerged. You and Bucky coughed.

Once the cloud fell you looked at each other. You both burst out laughing. (Well you did, Bucky laughed but you were sure that was him maximum laughter).

You were both totally covered in flour. "Now you're actually the winter soldier," you laughed wiping your face. "Yeah and you're the Winters side kick." He laughed.

You took a damp cloth and wiped your face still laughing like a kid. You then rinsed the cloth.
"May I?" You said holding the cloth in front of Bucky's face. He smiled and nodded. You carefully wiped his face. And threw the cloth in the sink.

"We're almost done," you said mixing the batter with the flour.
After that you and Bucky shaped the cookies. Sam didn't have any cookie cutters so you just tried your best to mold it into different shapes. You made a star, heart and a circular cookie. Bucky attempted to make straight circular shapes but they all ended up like wiggly blobs. He also made a lopsided heart which you thought was incredibly cute.

After that you put the cookies into the oven and went to wash up.