"Hello stranger."

You finally made it to the motel. It looked a bit scary, but you didn't really have a choice. You entered the reception and came over to the front desk. An old granny sat there listening to a song on an old radio. Definitely creepy. "Uh excuse me," you said not to loudly. The granny's eyes opened. She grinned from ear to ear. "Hello!" She said excitedly. A little too excitedly. "We'd like a room for two." You said looking over at Bucky. He just stood there awkwardly.

"How many nights?" She asked.
"Uh can we do live payment please. I'll pay for two nights today but if we need to stay longer I'll pay for the future nights too."
"Alrighty then," she took your credit card and scanned it. Then she gave you a key with a tag on it. 66. 'Wow, not creepy at all' you thought.
"Second floor," the old lady smiled before walking back to her radio.

"Let's go Barnes," you said motioning for him to follow you.

When you finally got to your room you unlocked the door and stepped in. Your hand searched the wall for a light switch.

The room lit up.

"Not bad," Bucky said from behind you.
The room had a little humble tv in the corner of the room and a little brown couch in front of it. There was also a closet and a small fridge like in a hotel.
"Not bad at all," you said. "Except there's one bed." You groaned. Bucky put the bag on a little wooden table next to the bed. "I'll sleep on the couch." He said.

"I swear to god I thought I told her a room for two." You said rubbing your forehead.
"You know a room for two and a room with two beds are two completely different things," he grinned.

"I call dibs on showering first!" You said laughing.
"Alright just be careful with your hand." He said.
"I'll be quick." You said taking off your shoes and placing them next to the door.

The bathroom was tidy and aesthetically pleasing. The actual shower was pretty big too. You undressed and stepped in turning on the water.

The response was immediate, the metallic head that hung loosely above you spread water onto your body, the sudden shock making you tense your muscles. The water slowly warmed you, soothing the ache clawing at your limbs. Oh how you wished your day wasn't as messed up. Sam still didn't call you, but it was to risky to call him. What if he and Steve were captured. And if they were, if you were to call him, shield would easily track your phone and find you and Bucky.

What if shield was to burst in through the door right now? They would take Bucky. Then you'd probably never see him again.

You became overwhelmed by your own thoughts. A tear tickled your cheek and immediately mixed with clean water. You dropped to the floor, letting the water caress your skin as you broke down and wept, all the thoughts spinning in your head like a big tornado. You barely cried. Almost never. But sometimes everything inside you would well up and just explode.

"You alright Y/N?" Bucky's voice interrupted your thoughts. You stood up and ran your fingers through your hair breathing in the thick steam. "Yes I'm fine, just give me a moment." You said.

You carefully washed your hand which had the graze on it. You made sure to wash all the dried up blood around the cut.

You stepped out of the shower, cold air hitting your face. You grabbed one of the towels and dried yourself.You decided you were gonna just stay in your bra without wearing your shirt. 'I'm sure Barnes won't even care. It's not like he hasn't seen a girl in a bra. He definitely has. Even if it was in 1943' you thought. You washed your shirt under the tap and hung it up for it to dry. You made sure you didn't look like you just cried, before walking out of the bathroom.

"You can rinse your shirt and hang it up next to mine on the drying rack," you said drying your hair with a towel as you sat on the edge of the bed.
"Alright." Bucky said getting up from the couch. You didn't notice how he stared at you when he realized you weren't wearing a shirt. He tried his best to hide it, but he definitely blushed a little.

While Bucky was taking a shower you opened the bottle of peroxide and squeezed some onto your extended arm. It stung pretty badly. You then used your teeth and one hand to open the bandage box and unraveled the white string. You tied it around your arm making sure it wasn't too tight. That felt so much better. Now for your ribs.

You did the same as you did with your arm, you put a few drops of peroxide and tied the bandages around your upper stomach area. Once you were done you laid down on the bed and turned on the tv feeling absolutely exhausted.

You heard Bucky open the bathroom door.
"Y/N!" He called from the bathroom.
"What!?" You groaned back.
"Can you help me, my shirt keeps sliding off the rack, it's not staying."
You stood up letting out another big groan. "For gods sake Barnes your like a little kid."

You walked into the bathroom. Bucky was of course shirtless. "Hello stranger," you said looking at his his abs and, very much buffed, chest. He stared into the distance trying to ignore your comment. "I'm just playing," you laughed shaking your head. You hung his shirt in the rack and went back to the bed.

He came out of the bathroom after you. His long, wet hair hung in front of his face slightly covering his icy blue eyes. Jesus. He ran his fingers through his hair.
His dog tags sparkled on his chest. Damn, what a sight.

You noticed the scars on his chest where his skin and metal arm met. It looks like he tried to take it off by clawing at it. You imagined the pain he went through. You tried to distract yourself from those negative thoughts about Bucky "Uh Barnes do you need help with the bandages?" You said snapping back to reality.
"Sure," he said giving you a small grin and a nod.

Bucky Sat on the edge of the bed staring into nothingness. You carefully took his hand and placed it on your lap.You got out the bottle of peroxide.
"This might sting," you warned him. You put a few drops on his knuckles. He didn't make a single sound. You looked at him. He just sat there. You took out the bandages and wrapped them around his hand. "Tell me if it's too tight alright?" You said still wrapping his hand.

He nodded.