3

• encounter

encounter

"Morning Ahjussis" I bowed at the older men who were smoking while sitting on there moterbikes.

"Ahhhh Yerin, how have you been and how is Riki?"

"I'm good Ahjussi, Riki is good as well. I treated him to some sushi last night."

"Glad to hear that you're taking care of him, such a responsible person even though you don't have to." Ahjussi patted my shoulder.

"Cigarette?" Ahjussi offered and I rolled my eyes playfully.

"You're real funny Ahjussi." I replied to him causing him to laugh out loud with his gang.

"Alright I'll stop teasing you kid, have a good day at school." - Ahjussi

I nodded and waved goodbye

School —-

"YERIN-AH!!" I heard a squeaky voice call from my behind,I turned around and faced the girl with round eyes and wavy hair.

"What is it for the love of god Sieun." I muttered.

"Homework please!!" She begged with puppy eyes,Sieun was my second best friend. Me, Sieun and Seokyung were a trio.

Sieun's parents died in an accident when she was 11. She's been living with her grandma since she's not as of age, only around 57, Sieun tries not to think too much about her parents death and tries to make sure she stays ok but she only stays anxious and depressed even though she shows a bright side.

I pulled out my notebook from my backpack and handed it over to Sieun, it has all the answers in it. I felt like Sieun was having a hard time so I just want to make her feel at ease and just try and help out at school since I couldn't do it outside.

"I really love you, you really are a true friend." She wiped off the fake tears that she shed causing me to roll my eyes.

She quickly copied down the homework and handed it back to me, thanking me for my generosity.

—-

I entered my classroom only to be stared by the 4 boys who sat in between the classroom.

I glared at jungwon who stared at me with vexation.

That wimp only knows how to glare.

I stretched my arms, the teacher slammed her files onto the desk while yelling loudly. She must've been having a bad day, good since she's wasting class time ranting about careless things.

• Lunch Time

I was at the lunchroom, I was holding up my tray and I was next to Jungwon.

"Move out of my way." I muttered to him secretly, "You move first you rat." He slightly pushed me with his hips.

Little did I know...my necklace fell off and I didn't even notice it.

"You move you nothing of a step brother." She gritted her teeth and slowly whispered.

She thought no one could hear them but she was very wrong.

Sunghoon —-

"You move you nothing of a brother." I could see her gritting her teeth while her jaw was turned next to Jungwon.

Her necklace fell off earlier, I decided to pick it up...it looked oddly familiar...it was shining in the light beautifully, I put it in my pocket. I didn't want to disturb her right now.

By stepbrother was she referring to Jungwon...? That isn't possible Jungwon said his family is doing well.

I decided to shrug the feeling off and focus on getting a meal.

Yerin —-

I took my seat. Sieun and Seokyung joined me, "How are your day?" Seokyung asked Sieun

"Terrible. But I guess someone made it a little bit better." She smiled happily even though she was in pain.

"And who was that person?" - Seokyung

"Sunoo..."

"Sunoo?!!!" Seokyung asked in shock, and me. I was quite shocked but I didn't bother asking anything because I didn't really care.

"I'll tell you later, let's just eat...please I'm hungry." - Sieun

Dismissal ——

I was out of our school premises, i eyed Jungwon who was with his boys and coming out the same entrance.

I sighed and just caressed my neck a bit, it was getting dark already. But I felt emptiness...I shouldn't be feeling emptiness around my neck.

I quickly stared down....

My necklace!

Sunghoon ——

I watched Yerin massage her neck slowly...I don't know why I was staring at her but I was. And I noticed that as she was caressing her neck she realized something was missing.

I knew she was thinking about her necklace which I clutched onto tightly in my hand. I wanted to give it back but at the same time I didn't want to give it back...

It wouldn't be right to keep it though....I'll follow her and give it to her on her way home.

——