7

• questions

questions

"Yerin." Sunghoon called my name.

"I'm not interested to talk."

"Yerin."

"Screw off."

"Mrs.Yerin."

Yerin smacked sunghoon's arm and rolled her eyes, "Say it before I make a fuss again."

"I don't know why...I've been thinking of that Riki kid from yesterday. What does he need a gun for?"

"Riki...him huh? What's the reason you want to know?"

"He's just interesting, for a 15 year old he has done so much, he's with a gang, knows how to use a rifle and said he needed self defense but why...? Where are his parents?"

I sadly fixed my eyes on Sunghoon feeling had about Riki and all that has happened to him.

"Nishimura Riki. Is his full name, he is fully Japanese. His mother cheated on his father with another man and then his father went to do the same thing, they both went there separate ways and did not want Riki so they abandoned him."

Sunghoon slowly frowned....

"He was transferred here in Korea for a better life, he changed his name to Ni-ki here but I found out his real name and started calling him that. He always helps me pick up the trash, we get sushi together, he's like my brother, he would do anything for me."

"I didn't know...you both have such a hard life. Especially him...how could his parents do that?"

When those words came out of sunghoon's mouth...it made me question. How really people could do that,fight,abandon each other.

"People are cruel Sunghoon. And if that's all you want to ask then I prefer you stop talking to me now, I like being alone."

Sunghoon slowly rose from his seat and went back to sit with his classmate Jake.

He didn't want to burden me, he knows he's been bugging me around a lot.

Me and Sunghoon kind of go back, in high school we were classmates and in the same class only sophomore year we weren't classmates or in the same class.

But in freshman year...he teased me like hell for a couple of times but stopped once he noticed how tired I was getting.

Dismissal —- Jungwon

I arrived home, I took off my shoes and put into the rack to be greeted by the stepmom aka Yerin's mother.

"How has school been going?"

"It's fine and all when I'm not fighting with Yerin." I muttered resulting her eyes to go wide.

"Yerin?!!!! She goes to your school?!!!"

I nodded.

"Do you know where she lives? How she's doing? It's been 8 months..."

I honestly wanted to tell her, I shook my head because I really didn't know anything about Yerin.

"All I know is that she isn't living well, she's a cold human being really. She doesn't want to talk to anybody, she's cold towards everbody and she's wants to be alone."

Her mother had an expression of sorrow on her face, guilt ness as well.

"She was never like that..."

"What do you mean Aunty?"

"She was...bright. Bright as a peach, she would love to draw artistic stuff, play music, be creative but once her cousin died she slowly set her emotions aside."

"How did he die... I'm sorry if you don't want to share aunty."

"No it's alright, he died because of cancer. He's been fighting a long time but he lost his battle. When Yerin heard, she was devastated. She hasn't eaten for days, talked, she only cried. From that day she slowly distant herself from everyone, her cousin Yohan was her only brother figure."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"I hope you can tell Yerin how much I miss her and that I am sorry I made her so upset about this marriage...everything I just wanted to live happily." She let out a bitter laugh.

"I will."

——