21

• Heart Beat

Heart Beat

"Sunghoon why are we walking so far..." I placed my hands on my knees from walking so long and just rested my body.

Sunghoon took a seat and waited for me, "studies show that the more you walk the mor-"

"Ok I get it, just please stop talking."

"Why'd you wear heals?!"

"I couldn't find my god damn sandals."

"Hey Sunghoon...." I put up a smirk, He glanced once knowing that I was about to ask him to do something crazy.

"You don't mind switching shoes do you?"

"What are you crazy?!"

"Did you just call your sushi babe crazy?!" I crossed my arm, hah.

"Uh uh I am not wearing heels, get on." Sunghoon bent his back waiting for me to get on.

"W-what?!"

"Just get on babe, there's nothing wrong."

I rolled my eyes and hoped onto sunghoon's back wrapping my arms around his neck tightly.

I reached my lips towards the shell of sunghoon's ears and whispered, "Where are we going?"

"Let's go and get ice cream I'm bored."

"I'm broke-"

"Tsk, so funny. I'm filthy rich remember sushi babe?"

"As if I'd let you pay for me."

"Why not sushi babe~ Are you embarrassed?"

"Aww you're so smart." I pulled on a strand of his hair.

"It's ok, I'll still payyyy~ "

"Hello sir I'd like coconut and pineapple ice cream for her and me!" - Sunghoon

How does he know my favorite flavor?!"

"$3.50"

time skip ——

I was sitting on the grass, eating my ice cream peacefully.

"You seem...happier." Sunghoon brought up

Me? Happier?

"What are you talking about?"

"You're not as cold as you use to be, you don't glare all the time, and you actually reply to people now. In freshman year I haven't seen you speak even once."

"I'm just...happier with my brother, Riki. He's the reason I'm still here."

"What do you mean still here?"

"The reason I'm still alive."

After what I said it had turned completely silent..."Did something happen?  To make you think like that?"

When Sunghoon asked me that I could feel myself tear up but I made sure not to make it noticeable. I looked down, & exhaled slowly.

"I lost the most important person in my life, because of that I ended up in this state. I was always a happy person....but after their death I felt like my heart and emotions slowly disappeared."

"Why am I telling you this?" I scoffed, shaking my head.

"You're telling me your problems because you're finally comfortable to open up about yourself to me...it must've been hard for you."

"Really was, I pushed everybody away...my mom...my family..my friends, everybody..."

"You don't push me away though."

"I do Sunghoon...I always do...I don't understand how you put up with me...how you still didn't leave me like the others...what's up with you?" I pondered, really though...what was the reason?

"I know how it feels....I'm like you I know how it feels to lose someone important. You just have to give it time, once you're ready to let go you can say goodbye to them." He gently brushed his thumb against my cheeks.

I could feel my chest pounding aggressively...why was his words causing me to feel nervous...why did I feel comforted? Why did his touch give me shivers?

I locked my eyes with the necklace on my neck...from Yohan.

"This was the last thing he left me...this necklace is the only thing that brings the most remembrance of him.."

'He...?' Sunghoon thought to himself...

"He?"

Yerin bobbed her head..."He was my cousin....I got this necklace as a birthday present from him. We were so close, we were each other's best friend."

When I talked about him I could feel my skin crawl, I felt as if my stomach was sick just thinking about his passing. I didn't want to handle it.

"What happened?" Sunghoon questioned.

"I don't feel like talking about this anymore."  My voice went cold, I started to shiver at the thought of my cousin.

"You probably ate the ice cream to fast...now look. You're shivering. Let's get home." Sunghoon wrapped his arm around my waist, sharing his jacket with me.

"Hey...Yerin look here?"

"What?"

Sunghoon quickly leaned in and planted his lips on my cheeks...he quickly pulled back before I could say anything.

I felt hot blood rushing up to my cheeks...my heart was now suddenly racing...why? Why all of a sudden?

——