Annabeth IV --- San Francisco/New York --- The Chase Household

I rushed around like a madwoman. I stuffed things into boxes, suitcases, bags, and anything I needed. I was bursting with excitement. When I had arrived home, my real mum, Athena, was in my living room. She had spoken to my dad and Helen about moving us to New York. They didn't want to go alone with it but when my step siblings got excited to finally see my mysterious boyfriend, they begrudgingly agreed. I would have to stay on Olympus to oversee the construction, but I would only sleep there, so I didn't have to stay up there all the time. But now for the good news. I'm going to Goode Highschool with Percy! I was so excited to see him! We hadn't told him yet and when I checked my phone there seemed to be hundreds of unanswered texts and missed calls from the one and only Seaweed Brain. Leo invented this new brand of phone that dampened the flare that signaled monsters. Now they can't track us demigods down. I looked around at my empty room. Athena had whisked everything into boxes, with the help of Helen.

"Annabeth!" My stepmother yelled. "Are you nearly ready? Remember to not talk to Percy on your phone! You have to wait until you start school!"

"Sure Helen, I"ll be down in a minute!" I shouted back, rolling my eyes.

That was the tenth time she had reminded me not to speak to Percy. I rushed downstairs. It was time to go.

As we drove to the airport, my step siblings started to complain.

"Come on, come on, come on! I want to get on a plane!" Bobby whined.

"Yeah, me too!" Matthew cried.

I grinned at them. They were like jack-in-the-boxes! Once you wind them up, they won't stop until they get what they wanted.

"Just another minute or two!" I said.

They shut up at that and Helen looked at me gratefully.

After we arrived and settled down, a message crackled over the intercom.

"The passengers boarding the 5:00 pm flight to Manhattan please report to Gate 37. We invite any families with young children or elderly people to board the plane. If you need assistance, please alert our staff." I sighed in relief.

Finally, we could board. The positives of having two younger brothers.

"Yay! Can we board now? I want to sit next to Annabeth!" Matthew cried.

"Me too!" Bobby exclaimed.

I sighed again. This time in exasperation.

"You can both sit next to Annabeth if you behave," Helen said sternly.

We all boarded the plane. When I found my seat, I had to sit in the middle because both of the twins wanted to sit next to me. They argued over the window seat, then settled on Bobby sitting there because he was there first. It was a short flight. Bobby and Matthew watched a movie while I sat in the middle, thinking about what I was going to say when I saw Percy. When the plane landed, we were some of the first people to get off because we were in the front row. Dad dropped me off at the Empire State Building and I walked in.

"Hello, I'd like to go to the 600th floor, please." I said to the doorman.

"Sorry miss, there is no 600th floor." He replied, with a sigh like he was forced to say this line repeatedly.

"Oh, but there is. I've been there." I answered smoothly. I pulled my dagger out of my bag, flipping it in my hand. That convinced him.

"Last elevator to the left, miss." He gulped.

I thanked him, put my dagger away, and headed over to the elevator. I put in the code for the 600th floor and felt the elevator lurch upwards. After what seemed like forever, I reached the top to find Athena waiting for me.

"Annabeth! Come, I will show you the finished guest house." She called as I headed over to her.

Athena had requested guest houses be built, just in case people from camp wanted to stay the night. They were breathtaking. The white marble columns framed the entire building, and supported the arches. The structure was a huge dome. There were roughly twenty-five rooms under the dome, including a kitchen, living room, and bathroom.

"You'll be in here when you stay." She said happily.

"It's beautiful!" I gasped.

Athena nodded. "I'm so proud of you, my dear." She said, squeezing my shoulder affectionately. I grinned at her.

"Well, that was amazing!" I said as I came out of the elevator.

I walked along the street to Percy's apartment block. I went up to his door, but instead of entering, I kept on walking and entered the apartment next door.

"Helen, I'm here!" I called when I shut the door.

"How was it?" She asked, rushing up to me.

"It was amazing!" I gushed.

I spoke about how they replicated the designs perfectly. The rooms were designed to accommodate two people, apart from two, which were reserved for Chiron and me. Mr. D, also known as the god of wine Dionysus would stay at his place on Mount Olympus when he arrived. I went to the lounge room, and then the study room. My father was setting up his World War I figurines.

"I put a desk over there for you. I thought you might want one. It arrived earlier this morning." My dad said, waving his hand to my old, oakwood desk.

I set my portfolio down and started organizing my stationary. When I was done, I walked into the kitchen. I could hear Percy in his kitchen next door. His mom seemed to be telling him to stay away from the blue cookies. I laughed. He was such a Seaweed Brain.

The next day, as we finished up unpacking our furniture, I went to Goode high school to meet Percy. As soon as I walked in and started looking for my locker, I heard a voice behind me.

"Hi! Are you new here?" A voice asked.

I turned around and saw a girl with auburn hair and blue eyes talking to me.

"Yes, I'm Annabeth. what's your name?" I asked.

"I'm Teresa. Come on, I"ll help you find your locker." She said.

I let her pull me along.

"Let me see your locker number." I handed her my sheet.

"Oooh! Lucky you! Your locker's next to Percy's!" She said enviously.

I feigned confusion.

"Who's Percy?" I asked.

"He's the most popular guy in the school. Every girl has a crush on him, but he has a mystery girlfriend in California, so I wouldn't try anything." She warned.

I walked over to my locker and put in the code. Everyone moved to the edges of the hallway, leaving the locker next to me empty of people. I saw a tall guy with tousled black and green eyes that I could recognize anywhere come down the hallway. I shifted out of the crowd so I could see better, and I noticed Grover and some other boys. Grover saw me and winked. I waved. Percy froze. He was looking straight at me. For a moment, he seemed confused, but then joy overtook his face. I'm sure that everyone in the school heard Percy. When he said it, he sounded excited beyond comparison.

"ANNABETH!" He shouted.