Jason VII

Oh yeah, btw, I'm kinda experimenting with this whole POV thing. I've tried switching the demigods to 1st person but I'll still add some 3rd person here and there.

Jason runs through the forests surrounding Camp Half-Blood, the smell of burning ash lingers but he doesn't care anymore. Overcome by grief and regret Jason Grace has no choice but to run as his thoughts consume him.

Shit. Shit. SHIT. How could I let this happen? I was supposed to be there for them. They saved me when I had nowhere to go. Camp Half-Blood is practically my home! And now look what's happened. Everyone's dead, and it's all because I couldn't stop it. I found one of the Stoll brothers. I don't know if it was Connor, but it was impossible to tell. His face... Oh god, his face. His lower torso was burnt to ashes, he must've been running to deliver the news. A trail of scorched earth and firey blazes followed behind him until... it must've engulfed him, starting with his feet. Gods. What had they done to deserve this? The people that welcomed me, the ones that accepted me despite never meeting me before, they're all gone. 

Switch POV Ig.

He remembered the last time he saw his friends, laughing and joking around at the summer solstice ceremony. He never expected that it would be the last time he would see them alive.

How could this have happened? Whoever had done this shouldn't have been able to breach the borders of camp, the magical barriers were supposed to protect them. But somehow, they had found a way in and decimated everything.

As Jason ran, he couldn't help but think about all the people he had lost. His friends, his mentors, and even the campers he didn't know that well. They were all gone, and it was all because of him.

He had failed to stop Tartaglia and in his moment of complacency, not only was the Greek Pantheon destroyed but so was his home.

He stumbled into a clearing with a small lake in the middle. The moonlight reflected off of the water's surface. Jason peered into the water and what stared back was a broken man. His golden blonde hair had been covered in soot, his Orange T-shirt was in tatters, and he had several cuts running across his arms. 

The rustling of leaves alerted Jason to the presence of someone approaching behind him and he whipped around. 

Out of the darkness emerged a tall man. He looked as if he had been forged in the fires of hell itself. His gruff demeanor and weathered appearance showed that he had been through more than his fair share of hardships. He wore a trench coat, the kind that had seen better days but was still fiercely protective. In his hand, he clutched a flask of whiskey that he took a swig from before he locked eyes with Jason. Though he was a solitary figure, there was a sense of strength and determination emanating from him, making it clear that he was not to be trifled with.

"Who are you!" Jason shouted as he raised his golden blade, sparks flying from his fingertips as he stepped toward the mysterious man.

The man chuckled darkly, the sound sending shivers down Jason's spine. "I'm just a humble mercenary," he replied, his voice rough and gravelly. "But I've done my research on you, Jason Grace, I know that you've come in contact with an old colleague of mine recently."

"What are you talking about!?" Jason demanded.

"I'm talking about Ajax," the man said, his eyes glinting in the moonlight. "He's been causing quite a stir lately, and I want to take him down. But I can't do it alone - I need your help, Grace. You have a unique set of skills that could be invaluable to me in the coming battle."Jason's mind was racing. He had always had a sneaking suspicion that Tartaglia was hiding something, but the thought of believing everything this man said was unsettling, to say the least."Why should I trust you?" Jason asked, his voice tight.The man shrugged. "I can't blame you for being skeptical," he said. "But the fact of the matter is, Tartaglia is a threat to us all. I've searched for years, just for him to appear right before your camp gets blown to shit, a mighty large coincide if you ask me."Jason considered the man's offer for a moment, weighing the pros and cons. On one hand, he knew that Tartaglia needed to be stopped. But on the other hand, he didn't trust this mercenary and he wasn't sure if working with him was the right thing to do.Finally, he made his decision. "I'll help you," he said, his voice firm. "But only on my terms. And if you try to double-cross me, I won't hesitate to end you."The man nodded, a small smile playing across his lips. "I wouldn't expect anything less from the son of Zeus," he said. 

The man walked forward and shook Jason's bloody hand "Let's get to work,"

"By the way, who are you?" Jason asked suspiciously as they out of the forest and onto a nearby highway.

"The name's Damian Winters," the man responded, pulling out a purple ace of spades card and throwing it onto the ground. 

Without warning, the ground beneath them began to glow violet and they were transported to a separate location in the blink of an eye.