Annabeth XVIII --- Argo II --- Main Deck

As soon as Leo burst out of the control room I knew something was wrong. The proximity alerts were set off by a giant spear of red crystallized energy.

"What the hell?" Percy asked as another spear soared into view,

"Watch out!" I cried as I tackled Percy to the ground.

A second spear impaled itself right where Percy was just moments before.

"Thanks, Wise Girl," Percy said as he stood up, "What's going on?"

"We don't know, one minute everything was fine but then a giant spear flew down and impaled itself in the deck," Piper replied as she examined the spear.

"Uh, guys? I think I know where the attack came from." Leo said as he pointed at the clouds parting to show a gray floating castle with hundreds of white figures holding red spears.

"That's not good," said Jason as he looked up at the flying fortress.

"Not good at all," Hazel reaffirmed as the shadow of the giant castle loomed over the Argo II.

"Brace for impact!!!" Leo yelled as a storm of red spears showered down from the heavens.

The spears landed into the sides of the ship as the hull creaked from the impact. "Abandon ship!!" Leo screamed as he jumped off the side of the Argo II and into the sky below.

"Leo!" Piper shouted as she ran to the edge, "Jason we need to catch him!"

"Alright," he said, "Hold on!"

As Jason flew down to catch Leo with Piper following after him, Frank turned into a dragon using his shapeshifting powers.

"Everyone get on!" Frank commanded as Hazel, Annabeth, Calypso, and Percy climbed onto his back.

As Frank took off, the only one left on the ship was Childe. As he jumped over the edge, he was hit in the neck by the hooded white-haired man that had attacked us days ago. As he slumped into the omega eyed man's arms, there was a flash of golden light and they were gone.

"What happened to Childe?!" Hazel asked over the howling wind.

"I don't know! He got knocked out by the omega eyed man and got teleported away!" I responded.

"We have to get him back!"

"We can't! We don't know where he's gone!" Calypso shouted.

I was going to argue when one of Frank's wings was impaled by a red spear and we tumbled down to earth with the wind rippling through our ears.