Rowan IV

A ringing from Rowan's phone startled him and jolted him awake from his slumber. Rowan scrambled out of bed as he quickly picked up his phone and tried his best 'I-woke-up-hours-ago' voice.

"Lieutenant Rowan Lawrence here, good morning?" Rowan asked through the phone.

"Sir, the chief wants you down here at the station." Officer Aisling Ramierez said over the phone.

"Okay, I'll be there," Rowan responded with a yawn.

"Also, it's the middle of the day," She added with a giggle.

Rowan hung up and drove to the station where he was greeted by his co-worker, Captain James Halden.

"Hey, did you hear that something odd happened at Winston's park half an hour ago?" James said to Rowan as he walked into the station.

Rowan's attention was caught by a TV in a nearby room showing a bloody man with the caption "Wanted: Damian Winters" in bold red letters beneath it. To Rowan, it just seemed like a normal Tuesday in Ban Chose, Jalifornia. There were four people, all wearing sunglasses and suits. One was urgently talking into an iphone while two others were looking at the TV and discussing what was on the screen. Rowan also noticed a strange silver briefcase being guarded by two unfamiliar white-uniformed soldiers holding kitted-out Mp7 submachine guns.

"What's happening over there?" Rowan asked.

"Top secret government stuff." James said, shrugging "I don't ask questions, part of my job description."

Rowan looked around the room and realized the suited man who was examining the briefcase before, had opened it.

Inside were three small bottles of black, viscous fluid that constantly sloshed and moved around inside the glass vial, almost as if it were alive... Rowan shook off his feelings of unease as he walked over to the chief of police Alyssa Garcia for his briefing.

Sure hope Alyssa's in a forgiving mood today. Rowan thought as he walked toward his fiance.