Chapter 5.

The following week, I'm at Liam's. It's quiet without Zayn. I'm so used to hearing his music blaring from his graffiti room at night, that it's so strange being here, alone. Liam is around, sometimes. Rarely during the day, though. For days, when I go to work, I don't see Mr. Styles. Instead, all I see is an empty seat on the train where he used to sit and I'm almost convinced he's gone for good.

Almost.

One night, when Liam is away for groceries, I'm watching TV when there's a knock on my door. When I was discharged from the hospital, I was told by the nurses (and Zayn and Liam) to take it easy, but I needed a distraction. I didn't want to be alone. I attended to work for a few hours a day before I got to exhausted and my manager sent me home, giving me sick leave.

I limp toward the door and reach for the door knob, pulling it open. I'm greeted by the one and only curly-haired lad I know, Mr. Styles. I'm frozen. I've gone rigid. How the hell did he find me here? Did he follow me? It's the only explanation. My mind is racing for answers and my heart is beating rapidly under my band tee.

A ghost of a smile is plastered on his lips before it disappears completely and I find myself wondering what he's thinking about.

"Can I come in?" he asks politely.

No, I begin to think and I'm about to say so but then I remember how dangerous he is and I'm aware f all the possible things he could do to me if I refuse. I grunt in respond and step aside, reluctantly letting him in. I close the door when he's inside and he brushed past me, stepping into the apartment and taking a little look around, his hand deep in his pockets. Surprisingly, he's dressed in a suit. A navy blue suit, with a marching blue tie and he looks ridiculously handsome.

"How did you find me?"

"Does it matter?"

I purse my lips in annoyance. How can he be so calm about all of this? How can he think that all of this is okay? It's not. In fact, I'm a little freaked out about it. Okay, a lot freaked out. I try to gulp my nerves down but it doesn't really help much. My palms are still sweaty and my heart is hammering against my chest like mad. I wonder if he has this effect on everyone and not just me. Knowing my luck, it's probably just me.

"I'm busy." I mumble and and he cocks a playful eyebrow.

"Doing what?" He challenges. I'm lost of words.

He smirks and pushes past me and I'm left feeling a little hopeless.

"This - this isn't my flat." I attempt and he smirks.

"I won't be here for long." He assures me and I wait patiently.

"Then why are here?" I challenge coyly.

"I've came to warn you," he starts and I frown in confusion, folding my arms across my chest.

"Stay away from me, I'm dangerous." He warns and I can't help but laugh a little.

"I don't think you could hurt a fly. You saved me, remember?" I point out and he shakes his head.

"Like you said, I did it reluctantly. I was...pre-occupied." He shrugs and I roll my eyes at him. He bites his lip, watching me. "What I'm not the hero, though? What if I'm the bad guy?" He presses.

"Okay, let's skip all the Twilight crap. Give me one good reason why you're dangerous and I'll believe you." I challenge and he frowns.

"I've killed someone before," he admits, still frowning but I don't even flinch.

"I'm not surprised."

Mr. Styles' blinks in shock. I can see his mind racing, his eyes dilating. "How can you...how can you not be fazed by that? By what I just said?" He questions and I shrug carelessly.

He's lost, I can tell. His eyes scan over me, his gaze intense and after a while, he goes to sit on the brown leather sofa so I join him.

"Look...you could've killed someone. I don't know that for sure. Perhaps you're only lying only to get me off your back. I don't know. But even if you have killed someone, I'd still think you're the most gorgeous guy on the planet." I admit and he laughs, looking up at me.

He's still giving me that intense look, that look that makes me feel like he's staring right through my soul and its nerve-wracking. "There's something about you, Blondie." He sighs and I frown.

"It's...Niall." I say helplessly but he ignores me.

"There's something about you that I just can't seem to stay away from." He admits and I kind of choke on my saliva a little bit at his words. Nobody has ever said those kind of things to me before. Ever.

"Then don't." I manage to croak and the corner of his lips twitch up into a half smile.

I suddenly see myself staring at his lips. Boy, I wonder what they taste like. My mouth is dry and my palms are sweaty and my cheeks have turned fifty shades of pink. Our proximity has somehow managed to close and I can feel his breath mingling with my own. Shit. He's about to kiss me, isn't he? Wait a second. I don't even know him. I'm kissing a guy I've just met? Wow.

I try to shut my brain up as he moves in and closes his eyes and I'm prepared to feel his lips against mine when the door opens. I jump in shock and look up. Zayn is standing in the doorway, holding a few plastic bags from the market. I gulp dryly and glance awkwardly at Mr. Styles. His eyes have darkened a little since Zayn came in and the tension has risen and I'm curious as to what he's thinking.

Zayn takes in the scene and he's looking shamefully at me. "I'll give you five seconds to leave before I call the police." Zayn warns, dropping his bags and holding his phone in his hand. I scowl at him.

"Zayn..."

But I'm surprised when Mr. Styles laughs. "You could try, but what good would they do?" He smirks and stands up.

"Five...four..." Zayn says in sing-song, trying to patronize him. I sigh heavily and stand up, folding my arms across my chest.

I feel a little disappointed when Mr. Styles moves towards the door but as he opens it, he turns back towards me. "Remember what I said." He sighs and leaves, closes the door behind him.

I feel a little empty now that he's gone and I can't seem to stop staring at the door. "Phew! Glad he's out of our hands. Hey, Perrie's out with her friends all weekend and I know you're missing me like hell so I figured you, Liam and I could have a guys night in." Zayn laugh, emptying the bags full of goodies and drinks but I'm not really paying attention to him. Instead, I'm still staring longingly at the door.

He turns around, realizing I've completely ignored him. "He's not coming back, Ni." Zayn says and I sigh again. There's a short pause.

"Ni...?"

I blink and finally turn round to him, feeling a bit confused. "He didn't even ask how I was."

__________________

I apologize for the belated update, but here it is! Please let me know what you think. Feedback would be much appreciated, thanks xxx