Chapter 2.

"Why don't you talk to him?" Liam asks as he scoffs his face with a blueberry muffin. I make a sound of disgust as I watch his terrible manners.

"Yeah, cause that won't make me sound crazy at all." I say sarcastically and Liam chuckles a little bit.

"Not crazy...just interested." He corrects me and I look up at him.

"I mean, you do like him. Right? What have you got to lose?" He shrugs, wiping the back of his hand with a napkin. I consider his suggestion and realize he has a point. There's nothing wrong with getting to know him, is there?

"There's just one problem, though." I say hesitantly and he looks up.

"What's that?"

"I haven't seen him in a week."

"Yeah, well, not everyone spends their lives riding around on trains, mate." He replies. Another fair point, Mr. Payne.

So, that's what I do.

I go and talk to him. Well, at least I try to. The next time I see him, he's sitting in the same spot with the same laptop balanced on his knees. This time; he's dressed in a black trench coat, tight skinny jeans and Chelsea boots. His hair is hanging loose over his shoulders and like last time, I find myself gawking at him.

I snap my mouth shut and walk over to him and sit down next to him. Oh God, he does smell good. I take a whiff of him as I sit down and subtly lean back on the seat, stealing a glance at his laptop. He immediately closes a few tabs down and closes his laptop. I frown and glance sideways at him.

I clear my throat and lean forward. "What are you working on?" I ask curiously.

"Nothing that concerns you." He retorts and slips his laptop back inside its case. He doesn't even bother to look at me.

I decide to lighten the mood a bit, break the tension. "I bet you its porn." I tease and that, he laughs. I smile triumphantly. I made a hot guy laugh.

"Even if I was, I'd have no shame in sharing it with you." He smirks and I cock an eyebrow. He glances up at me then looks away in a brief second. He digs into his jacket pocket and brings out his phone. He slides it unlocked and a red dot appears on the screen that looks a lot like a tracker. The name Gemma is attached to it.

"Who's Gemma?" I frown and he clears his throat, sliding his phone back in his pocket before looking at me annoyingly.

"You're a curious lad, aren't you?" He sighs and I smile innocently at him but then my smile falters as I realize something. What if Gemma was his girlfriend? Maybe that was his subtle way of saying that he wasn't interested. Maybe I was being too obvious. If that's the case, then I've got the message. Loud and clear.

"I'm sorry for bothering you." I mumble and stand up. I hold on to one of the handle bars when the train lurches to a stop and the man is staring at me. It's then that I've realized he's missed his stop. His stop was before mine. Why didn't he leave?

He looks up at me with a sly smile. "I didn't say you were bothering me." He points out and stands up, holding the strap of his laptop case over his shoulder.

He's suddenly standing very close to me and I can smell his aftershave again. It's so damn good. "You, uh..." I clear my throat awkwardly. "You missed your stop." I told him and an amused look appeared on his face.

"Really? Oh well, I'm sure I can survive." He shrugs and we both pile out of the subway. I shy away from him as we walk side by side up the escalators and out into the centre of busy London.

"I'm...that way." I say sheepishly, pointing the other direction he was looking in. He turns round and smiles at me.

"I didn't catch your name." I added and he smirked.

"I didn't throw it." He grins back. I give him a look. He's definitely the cliché tall, dark and mysterious type.

"Catch you later, blondie." He smirks and drifts away into the crowd before I could say anything else.

___________________

Feedback would be much appreciated, thank you xxx