Chapter 27.

Niall

Over the last few days of my time here in LA with Harry, we spent most of it going to the beach in the evening to watch the sunset. It was nice and romantic and it was just perfect. Right now, we're both lying on a picnic blanket, watching the orange and pink sky above us. I'm lying on Harry's bear chest, listening to the steady rhythm of his heartbeat while our legs are a tangled mess at the bottom of the blanket. Harry has one hand rested behind his head while his other hand is entwined with my own, our fingers laced together. Thankfully, the beach is surprisingly empty so there's no one around us to disturb us and it's literally just a five minute walk from Harry's house. We're both quiet and neither of us are saying anything but to be honest, we don't have to. There's nothing to say anyway, we can just enjoy each other's company in peace and occasionally, Harry would let go of my hand just to trace aimless patterns up and down on my arm. Like I said, it was perfect. Too perfect.

"I wish I didn't have to leave." I hear myself mumble, looking up at him with my chin resting on his chest. His fingers stop brushing against my skin and he looks at me and he looks into my eyes.

"Then don't. Stay here." He croaks, his chest vibrating against mine with his low and deep voice.

"You have an unborn child to think of." I point out and he sighs heavily, resting his head back on the picnic blanket and removing his arm.

"Way to kill the mood, Niall." He groans and I frown.

"I didn't kill the mood." I reply defensively and he chuckles a little bit but doesn't say anything.

"You have a job to think of as well." He points out and it's my turn to groan.

"I know." I say reluctantly.

A gentle night breeze brushes over us and I can feel myself shivering.

"Cold?" Harry asks groggily and I hum in respond. "Got it." He adds and grabs both edges of the picnic blanket and wraps it around us like it's some kind of cape. I smile lazily and rest my head back on his chest, cuddling close to him. That's when my stomach starts to rumble and ruins the perfect moment.

"Was that your stomach rumbling?" Harry counters and I'm quick to answer.

"No, no! Of course not. Not hungry at all." I assure him. Because being hungry meant getting up and moving. And that meant leaving this perfect moment with Harry. I didn't want that. I didn't want to go back to reality. Harry wasn't convinced when my stomach growled even more louder than before.

"I think someone's hungry." Harry sighs and he slowly unravels himself from me. I whimper in disappointment and my shoulders droop but as he turns around he holds out his hand for me to take and I gladly clutch onto to him as we make our way back the mansion, with the picnic blanket slung over his left shoulder. As soon as we enter the flat, Harry's phone starts to ring in his pockets and he lets go of my hand. From over Harry's shoulder, I can see Cassandra's name flash on the screen. I groan before stopping myself and Harry gives me a pitied look.

"I'm sorry, I...I just need to make a few calls and then I'll take a shower. But don't worry, we'll order something, yeah?" Harry adds hopefully. I nod and smile and after he tells me to make myself at home, he disappears up the stairs. I sigh heavily and saunter into the living room, which is next to the lobby. There's an iPad sitting on the coffee table, which is used instead of the remote. A stereo sits under the window and there's a built-in fire place at the back, next to the sofas. I sit down on the sofa and grab the iPad. The iPad is used instead of the remote control and it connects the lighting and the music of the stereo. I swipe a switch across the iPad and the lights begin to dim a little. I smile triumphantly and swipe another switch which turns on the stereo and Michael Buble starts to play through the speakers.