Chapter 36.

Harry

I'm currently rummaging through Cassandra's office, looking for my contract. It should be here somewhere. There's just so much crap in this place. When I entered a few moments ago, I was stunned. I was stunned to find myself, Niall, Louis and Nadine all plastered up on her walls. It was so surreal. There was pictures of Niall and I together, pictures of Nadine and I together and pictures of Louis and I together. It was as if she was planning on who to kill first that'd hurt me next. This was all a game to her.

I finally find what I'm looking for. The contract that I signed almost three years ago. The contract that made my life disappear, in the most cliché place. Under a load of files in her drawer. I take it out and with shaking hands, I read over our messy signatures at the bottom of the page. It just seemed so long ago and it seemed like such a good idea at the time. With what happened with Nadine and Louis, it just felt like a good idea to forget everything. To forget how to feel, to forget to cope with pain...all of it just turned to anger. Cassandra had turned me into a robot.

I remember everything so clearly, when I signed it. I looked up to Cassandra so much back then and followed her around like a lost puppy. She was everything to me. I remember sitting in a café in Paris, under a canopy while it poured with rain as we both sat with a cup of coffee. She spoke fluent French back then but somehow I was always able to understand her. I remember her talking me over things, how I was in such a mess and how desperate I was for her to help me. I had signed the contract in a heartbeat.

I run a hand through my hair as I take it down to the kitchen. I go to the nearest drawer in the kitchen and find a lighter. I light the lighter and hold it to the contract but I hesitate. I bite my lip, contemplating on what to do. Do I really want to cut all ties with Cassandra? I hate admitting it but I'm scared. There's so much horrible things she could do to me if I ruin this contract. If you think she was bad now, if I destroy this contract she'd be ten times worse. She made it very clear to me what would happen if I destroyed it. I would be nothing without her.

But then I think of Niall and what I said to him in the voicemail. He does mean a lot to me. I love him so much. I meant every word I said in that voicemail. I have to do this to make it up to him. My hands are shaking as I stare at the contract and that's when I realize that the lighter had moved closer to the piece of paper and had caught fire into the corner, the flames licking at the paper, our names on the paper slowly fading into the nothing. I yelp a little and close the lighter before dumping it into the sink and watching the flames disappear and the paper turn into ash. My heart is hammering against my chest as I stare at the sink, watching the ashes float. I put on the tap and watch the water rinse away the ashes, watching it float away into nothing and then I turn off the tap.

I bury my face in my hands, breathing heavily. I'm dead. I'm a dead man. I shouldn't have done that but I had to. I had to do this for Niall and I know that it was the right thing to do. I hear footsteps in the doorway and I turn round and gasp. Cassandra is standing in front of me, dressed in a long white dress. She's wearing a frown on her face, glaring at me. She's knows what I've done. And trust me, if this was a cartoon, steam would be coming out her nose and fire would be coming out her ears like an angry bull.

"You shouldn't have done that." She says, her tone calm but slightly cold.

"Yeah, well you shouldn't have tried to almost kill Niall." I defend and she scoffs.

"I thought I'd try to scare him off." She says innocently, admiring her long, purple nails.

"You've succeeded. He wants nothing to do with me anymore." I shrug, going to get out of the kitchen but she blocks my path, her skinny arm resting against the doorway.