Chapter 14.

I go to work and help Liam out in the garage to keep myself distracted. Of course, it doesn't work. I'm constantly checking my phone to se if he's texted me or tried to phone me but no such luck. I can't help but wonder if Cassandra had warned off Harry as well. Working at the garage with Liam is always fun. I'm good with tools, I think. I'm covered in oil. I lie flat on a board, my body under a car while I turn a spanner round a misplaced tool under it. There's music blaring in the radio and I can hear Liam working away somewhere around the garage until I hear him call my name.

"Niall! You have a visitor." He calls. Frowning, I roll myself out from underneath the car and lift myself up. I gasp a little when I see Harry standing at the doorway, a small smile plastered on his face. I dust myself down and place the spanner in the tool box before heading over to greet him. I turn the radio down a little bit and smile at him.

"Hey." He greets.

"How did you find me?" I ask curiously and he smiles again.

"You told me that the garage was right next to your work, so I...kind of followed you." He shrugs sheepishly and I roll my eyes. Of course he did. I brush past him and head over to sink to wash my hands. He follows after me.

"So...how've you been?" He asks casually, leaning against the sink. Besides the fact that some dumb bitch told me to stay away from you? I'm ecstatic. "I'm good." I sigh as I run the dry towel over my hands. He smiles knowingly but the smile disappears when he looks at my hands. "What?" I frown and he grabs at my wrist, causing me to wince.

"How did you get those?" He frowns, nodding to the dark purple bruises that Cassandra had left for me. I blush furiously, contemplating on what to say. I can't tell him about her. I can't tell him how much I know, he'd be furious.

"I dropped a hammer." I lie sheepishly. It It seemed like the most believable lie, considering I worked at a garage but apparently, it wasn't enough for Harry.

Harry raised his own wrist too my arm and I can't help but gasp. He has bruises too, matching the ones that are on my arm. Nail marks are just visible on his wrists as well. Harry drops my arm and bangs his good arm against the wall next to us, making me jump.

"You met up with Cassandra! Didn't you?!" He snaps and I gulp, feeling guilty. My stunned silence is all the confirmation he needs.

"Damn it, Goldie, I told you to stay away, I told you not to interfere!" He shouts.

"Well, maybe if you opened up to me a little bit I wouldn't have too!" I retort, folding my arms across my chest.

"Don't make me the bad guy in this." He warns and I scoff.

"Harry, if you hadn't given me that stupid pen drive in the first place none of this would've happened."

"Well, maybe you shouldn't have spoken to me at all." He snaps.

"You know what? Maybe I shouldn't have. Because you're an emotionless jerk who doesn't care about anybody but yourself." I sneer and turn my back to him, heading back toward the car. I sit in the drivers seat and slam the door shut. The windows are down so I can hear him calling for me over the faint music. I hear his footsteps so I start to turn the engine on, revving it loudly. He's at the passenger side and he opens the door, sitting himself in the passenger seat.

"Blondie, stop." He instructs, placing a hand on my arm. I jump at his touch and stop pressing my foot on the pedal.

I look sadly up into his eyes and his green eyes are shining back. His thumb is gently brushing against my skin, which feels nice.

"I want you to stay away from Cassandra."

"That's exactly what she said to me about you." I sniff and he sighs, leaning back on the chair.