Chapter 16.

Harry

I'm lying on my bed, staring up at the ceiling. My hands are behind my head and one knee is up as I stare. Louis and Blondie have gone out and that was about half an hour. I'm left alone with Nadine. She's in her own room but I can hear her giggling and gossiping with her friends over the phone. I glance at the clock. It's just past 7pm. I haven't had anything to eat since on the plane and Louis and Blondie should be back by now. I wouldn't be surprised if they've done a runner. Louis hates it here and there's no doubt that Niall does too now.

Half an hour later, Nadine has gone quiet and there's a knock on my door. Nadine appears in the doorway and she's smiling.

"Is there room for three there?" she asks innocently.

"Sure," I sigh and shuffle over, adding on an extra pillow at her side. She lies down next to me, mirroring my actions and stares up at the ceiling.

"So...Niall seems like a nice lad." she begins and I smile a little.

"How old is he?"

"Eighteen."

"One year younger than me, then."

"Mhmm." I hum. At the corner of my eye, I can see her looking at me.

"Do you like him?" I roll my eyes and turn my head, giving her a blank look.

"Stupid question. Of course you don't." she says and I smile triumphantly.

We lie in a comfortable silence but I can still tell she's looking at me.

"Harry." she says softly and I look at her, turning my head again. "I've missed you." she admits and my smile fades a little. Her small hand suddenly reaches over and cups my cheek, along my jaw...she leans closer and presses her lips to mine and pulls away seconds later. She stares back at me, giving me a long, hard look.

"You still don't feel anything?" she counters and I shake my head. She whimpers a little and pulls away from me.

"Have you told Niall? That it's yours?" she asks, completely changing the subject.

I frown and say, "Not yet, but I don't think I have to. He's probably figured it out for himself." Nadine sighs and turns her head.

"Do you think that's why he's left? With Louis?" she presses.

"Wouldn't be surprised if he did." I mumble back.

"Well, that's his loss." she scoffs and I smirk a little. As if on cue, the front door opens and I can hear Louis and Blondie laughing from the kitchen.

"That'll be the Chinese food." I sigh and sit up, heaving myself off of the bed. I head out to the kitchen and Nadine follows suit. At the mention of food, her whole face seems to light up.

Louis and Blondie are helping themselves to food and cutlery when we enter and when Blondie's head snaps up and sees us, the smile disappears. I shuffle next to Louis and grab a plate. Niall glances at Nadine standing behind me, who's looking eager and impatient. Biting his lip, Blondie hesitantly reaches for his plate and hands it over to her. "Here...you can have mine." he offers and Nadine blushes furiously.

"Really?" she asks hopefully.

"Yeah, it's fine...we'll be here a while anyway." Blondie shrugs, waving his hand dismissively.

"Thanks." she beams and walks off into her bedroom with his plate and a drink.

"Am I not getting a plate?" I tease.

"Nope." He says automatically, popping out the 'P'. Louis smirks next to him and I glare at his back. After they grab their food, I follow them into the living room with my own plate.