Chapter 44.

Harry

I follow Niall out of the club, leaving Bresi lying in a heap on the floor. Niall is fast in travelling out the entrance doors, stumbling across the pathway. I catch up with him quickly though, pulling at his arm so that he spins round to face me. He grunts as our chests bumps together and he looks up at me, his breath staggering.

"Niall..." I trail off, gently caressing his flushed cheek. He gulps nervously before his face turns a slight shade of green and he strolls over to the nearest dumpster to vomit. Sighing, I walk over to him and gently rub my hand on his lower back to sooth him. "Just let it out." I mumble as he continues to vomit. Once Niall is done, he rests himself against the dumpster and stares at me. That's when Liam and Bresi appear from the club, both of them panting slightly. I glare at Bresi and Niall turns round to face us.

"Get away from him." I demand, walking toward to Bresi, who takes a few steps back when he sees my hand clench into a fist. Liam is quick to step between us though, facing me with his hands on my arms to steady me. I look over Liam's shoulder to see that Bresi is wiping the blood off his nose, the damage that I had caused.

"I'm the reason he's here, not Niall." Liam starts, shaking his head. I frown at him.

"What?"

"I set you both up." He sighs and I can feel my muscles relaxing a little.

"How do you mean?" I ask.

"Niall spoke to me, said he was lonely so I took him out to meet Bresi. I knew that'd make you jealous so I called you to tell you what happened." Liam explains shamefully and I press my lips into a hard line. Liam takes a few steps back and stands next to Bresi.

"Look, you can hate me all you want but you're wasting your time. It's Niall you need to talk too." He says, nodding toward the figure behind me. I turn around and see that Niall is walking away from us, down the alley way while he sniffles to himself quietly. I leave Bresi and Liam standing there and follow after Niall, quickly catching up with him.

"Hey." I say softly, blocking his path. He sniffs and looks up it me, his eyes watering.

"Go away." He mumbles, gently trying to push me aside but not having much luck.

"Why didn't you tell me how you felt?" I question, gazing down at him. He shies away from me but I don't budge.

"Because I didn't want to sound like a selfish dick, which I know I am." He admits weakly as he starts to shiver lightly. I take off my leather jacket and drape it around he shoulders and he smiles up at me.

I call Taylor and he takes me home. The ride home is quiet, Niall and I barely utter a word to each other. Taylor is giving us suspicious looks from his front mirror but he doesn't question us and when I glance at Niall, it looks as if he's about to puke any second.

When we arrive home at Niall's flat, Niall saunters ahead into his bedroom while I take Cara out of my mum's arms.

"Has she been okay?" I ask softly, as she whimpers against my hold.

"She just woke up there, probably realised you were gone." Mum smiles, gazing at us both.

"Thanks, for taking her." I say politely but my mum waves her hand dismissively.

"Not a problem. Just name a time and place, I'll be there for you both." She assures me and I nod. "Did you sort things out with your other half?" She adds, nodding toward Niall's bedroom and I look longingly at his door.

"Um..." I say hesitatingly and she smiles sympathetically at me. "Do you mind taking Cara this weekend? Just so I can patch things up with Niall..." I suggest warily and she nods.